•Chapter 84• Like Siblings

Jerry pointed at his brothers and motioned his finger for them to come over. Leah and Megan were sitting on one of the beds together, watching a show, and did not pay too much attention to the boys. The triplets stepped out into the hallway for a minute. "What?" Jayden looked at his brother with an annoyed glare. "Don't be a brat, dickhead. Saw you holding hands with Meg earlier. Did something happen?" Jayden shot a quick glance at Jack and scratched the back of his neck. He found it a little awkward. "See, that's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about. Whatever you two are doing, it has to stop, okay?" Jack frowned at his brother. "What do you mean?" Jerry folded his arms over his chest. "The thing you two have been doing with Megan. You get close and then pull back. Sweet talking, being really nice to her. It's all very sweet, but she doesn't need that right now." Jerry snapped at them. And they knew he was right. Jayden and Jack looked at each other awkwardly. "Are you in love with her or not?" Jerry's question came out of the blue. "Hey, no one said that." His brothers protested. "All I'm saying is that both of you need to figure things out. And if this is just some stupid boyish crush you both have, you better realize it right now. She needs us. Okay?" They both nodded their heads until Jayden started frowning. "Why do you care so much?"
"I care because I hear her crying in her sleep. And I see how relaxed she is, happy even, when either of you are close to her. Which is something I will never understand. That's her issue. But she is my friend." It felt strange to be called out by Jerry like that. He'd never done anything like this before. He was always the quieter and more shy one of the three. His brothers feared that he might never find anyone aside from their family. "I hate it when he's right," Jack mumbled after Jerry had walked back into the hotel room. "Yeah, me too."

Liz watched them both from a little distance. She could see exactly what was going on between them and found it adorable. Though, she could not help but wonder about the other guy – Casper – and what his role could be in her life. Are they together? Are they not together? Andrew could not have made peace with any of it. Anyone could see the way he looked at her. He even admitted it. He loved Jade. It could not be easy for him to know there was someone else in her life who could step in at any time. Liz wanted to ask Jade all about Casper, of course. But she wouldn't start asking all kinds of questions, especially with Andrew around. "I wish I could ask someone on my team to work on this. I have a guy who used to be in law school. He was a good student too." Andrew looked at the girl a bit surprised. "What is he doing with you, then?" Jade shrugged and started typing on her laptop again. "He was supposed to graduate but they screwed him over twice, claiming he didn't have enough credit points or whatever. Total bullshit." Andrew locked his gaze with Liz who giggled. "There is barely enough here to pull this off. We can't help my brothers like this."
"Nothing?" Jade shook her head. "No. Without my father, they'll go down for all his crimes. The other way to do this could be framing someone else but with the triplets escaping from prison – they keep running from the authorities – it's a bad look for them. So, unless we find someone else to take the blame for this, we can't help them." Andrew lifted his hand and placed it on her shoulder. He wanted to comfort her more than anything. But what do you say to someone in a situation like this?

"We should keep looking, though. Keep searching for other options." Jade suggested with watery eyes. She was terrified of her brothers going back to prison. "There's no way you can contact your guy?" Liz questioned. Jade pressed her lips together and breathed out through her nose. "I could try. I'm scared that Bill might find out." She stood up with her phone in hand, when Andrew's bedroom door opened. She stopped her pace, looking shocked at the person standing in front of her. Andrew glanced over his shoulder. "Henry." His brother was too occupied with Jade. The girl who hurt his brother months ago was standing in his home. As if nothing had happened and she was just his friend helping him with homework. She did look a lot more grown up, though. Something had changed in her face. She appeared more mature. "Oh, I- uh, I didn't know you- you're back?" He struggled to find the words.
"Yeah, and so are you," Jade said. Andrew stood up and walked toward his brother. "I thought you'd be home a lot later." Henry finally turned his attention to him. "Yeah, I was doing a lot better. They told me I was good to go but to come back if I experienced anything different." He answered. He met eyes with Jade again. "I didn't know you had company."
"Henry." Liz appeared beside Andrew with her sweet, angelic eyes. Henry seemed to loosen up and smiled at her. "You look so much better." She came toward him and opened her arms to embrace him. Henry seemed happy to hold her. He always had a thing for her. Jade glared at him, nonetheless, but tried to stay friendly. She could not understand how someone like LIz – a sweet angel – could ever want to hug or even care for someone like that. Jade tried to put those thoughts aside. Henry tried his best to help them, just as the others had over the past months, but there was something off about him behaving like this. This seems so unlike him. Even if he has changed.

"Happy?" Bill asked his friend. "You would have killed them both eventually. Now that would have been a waste. I did you a favor." Bill raised his eyebrows and laughed. He sat beside Louis on the couch. "You may need them," Louis added. Bill almost burst out laughing. He could not be serious. "I wouldn't be too certain of that, handsome." He tapped his best friend's cheek with his hand, almost slapping him harshly. "The little cockroach trick won't work a third time."
"I mean for something else," Louis told him. He was only trying to sweet talk his way through to Bill. He needed to get both Casper and Ian out of there. It didn't take much for Louis to convince him. It never does. "But yes, I am happy that you let them go. Thank you," Louis told Bill. The old man leaned back in his seat. "So, we just lounge around for a while?" Louis looked around at the men who were all around the house at this point. "Yeah, are your buddies going to make us popcorn?" Louis suggested. Bill looked up at a duo standing near the kitchen. "That's actually not the worst idea."
"Are we gonna watch a movie or something like that?" Louis chuckled. But Bill grabbed the remote, deadly serious. "At least put something on for the sound. Yes."