•Chapter 89• Get Ready

Louis' stomach continued to twist. The more he thought about it, the more terrifying and terrible it seemed. Bill had a sick and twisted plan. Louis hadn't killed someone – shot in the head or slid their throats – in a long time. Bill would kill him if he wasn't able to push through. And that is a scary thought. He was almost certain that Bill wouldn't kill him but now that he's spent a little more time with him again... He couldn't be too sure. Something changed. He was more reckless. Without people watching him, there was a smaller chance for him to get caught, and he used it to his advantage.
Bill was not dumb or stupid, that was for sure. He's a smart asshole. Little motherfucker. Louis wished he could speak to Parker right now. None of this would have happened if she had been here in the first place.
Parker would have thought this was insanity no matter how much she despised them. She had some sympathy left in her. Bill clearly has not. There was no way of stopping him anyway. This was their deal. "You're thinking too much." Louis looked up. Bill was putting the bullets into his weapon. It was all spread out on the table making it almost look normal. "You would be, too, if you were in your right mind."
"When have I ever been in my right mind?" Bill asked as he put the last bullets in. Louis shrugged and sat down beside him at the table. "I guess that's fair." He said, "You sure about all of this?" Bill looked at his friend through his lashes. He looked a lot scarier when he did that. "How many times are you going to ask me that?" Bill questioned. "Maybe until you realize how fucked this is."

Bill laughed at that. Did his best friend not know him at all? "There is no changing my mind, Fox. We made a deal, remember?" Louis nodded along. He hated the deal. "I do and I still don't like it." He felt like a child again – which was a long time ago – whining about things that were not worthy of whining over. Bill rolled his eyes playfully. "You don't have to like it." Bill said, "You only have to cooperate." Louis could only nod. That was what he would do. No doubt about that. He was doing this for his family and their safety. "Can't have them go back to jail for something you did." Louis stated. "Nothing is going to happen to my kids." Something twisted when Bill said 'My kids'. He knows how Louis feels about them. There's no reason to specifically say that they were his kids. Especially when it wasn't all true, those kids were not just his. Louis let out a sigh. His breathing was so loud it annoyed Bill a little but he refused to say anything about it. Starting a fight with him right now would not be a wise thing to do. They started it together and they would end it together.

Henry came in and found his brother sitting alone. "Some strange dude just showed up. Little older? Bright green eyes and olive skin?" Andrew's eyebrows furrowed together for a second or two. "Is he handsome?" Henry shrugged a little. "I guess. Not usually the one to judge a man's looks." He answered a bit sarcastically. Andrew got up from his seat and left to go to the front door. His brother followed close behind. "That's Casper." He met the young man at the door. Casper greeted him with a kind smile. "Hey, man, it's good to see you." Casper looked okay to him. A little scratch just below his ear on his neck, but other than that there was nothing to be seen. It was like he wasn't in an accident.
"It's good to see you too. Thank you for all this. How are you doing?" Casper asked him as he entered the house. "We're okay. Trying to work things out." Andrew led him into the living room. He caught Casper looking at his brother and noticed the uncertain look in his eyes. "He's my brother Henry. He's with us don't worry. Bill almost-"
Casper grasped Henry's shirt and yanked him closer. "Dude!" Andrew exclaimed. Henry looked at Casper scared. Horrified almost. "I've heard all about you. Tough man." Andrew quickly came to his brother's rescue. "He and Jade are on okay terms. They talked. Put him back down, please."

For now, Casper did as he was told. He wasn't here to beat Henry up anyway. He needed to pick up Jade and get out of there. "Are you okay?" Andrew asked his brother. "Yeah, yeah, I don't blame him," Henry mumbled back. Andrew patted his back. "Can you get Jade, please?"
Henry left to go upstairs and pull Jade from her nap. It would be wise not to leave Casper alone with Henry. "He really is sorry," Andrew assured him. Casper's expression darkened a bit. "Oh, I'm sure he is." He said, "I'm not here for that. I'm here to pick her up and take her and her brothers somewhere safe."
"Are they outside?" Andrew asked. Casper nodded. "Yeah, Megan too. They're in the cars. We can't risk anyone seeing them or Ian."
Liz was here too and he was certain Jerry would want to see her. Megan wanted to see her cousins as well as her parents. "Is there any news about Louis or Bill?" Andrew asked, he tried his best to keep a casual conversation going. Casper shook his head. "We don't know anything. Some people in our organization are keeping their eyes on the house but no one has gone in or out in the last two days. As soon as they notice something, they will contact us. We're lucky we still have so many people on our side."

Andrew thanked the lord for the footsteps approaching them. The tension between Andrew and Casper was incredibly awkward. When Jade stepped inside, she was looking a little tired. That seemed to fade away a little when her gaze landed on Casper. She smiled sleepily and walked up to him. She must have been sleeping deeply for her to look this tired. Andrew almost felt bad for waking her up so abruptly. "I'm so happy you're alive." She mumbled making Casper smile brightly. "It's good to see you too, boss." He said to her. Casper forgot all about Henry as soon as he had his arm wrapped around her protectively. "I was sleeping." She muttered. Casper and Andrew both chuckled. "I told you we'd wake you up." Andrew looked up at the young man, "I told her to take a nap. She needs her energy."
"Yes, she does. Thanks for that. Are you ready to go, boss?" Jade pulled away from him. Her chin rested on his chest as she looked up at him with a little pout. She then turned around to look at Andrew. "I don't want to leave." She mumbled. Andrew smiled and stepped toward her. "We both know you'll be safer there. Just for a little while, yeah?" Jade nodded and felt Casper kiss the top of her head. It was weird to say goodbye like this. She really did not want to go. "We really can't take them too?" Jade questioned. She looked over her shoulder at Casper. He gave her a sympathetic look and started shaking his head. "Not this time, Jade. I wish we could. Trust me, I do. It's just not possible." Jade nodded sadly and looked at Andrew again. "You can survive a little while without me." He said to her. "Doesn't mean I want to."