•Chapter 37• Back into hiding

"He's not coming here, right?" Liz questioned. Jayden threw a couple of T-shirts, that he folded into a ball, toward his younger brother. "We have no idea." He answered. Liz turns around to look at Louis who was on the phone with someone. Ian was anxiously pacing around and tapping the screen of his phone like a maniac. "What do you mean 'no'? I need that license plate. I don't care that you're watching the game." Louis said. He looked like he was so done with everything and everyone. "Why are you packing? We don't even know if he's coming." Megan sighed. The boys were tossing around their clothes in little balls. Megan looks at Andrew who just shrugged. The boys appeared to be in complete panic. "Okay, I need you to calm down. Guys? Guys!" Megan calls out to them. But they wouldn't stop. They kept packing and throwing things at each other. Megan sighs and puts her hands on her head. "We should wait for Jade and Casper to get back," Andrew suggested. "Okay, yeah, well we have no time for that. Bill could be here any second." Jerry said. "We don't know that." Megan sighed.

Louis put down his phone and looked at Ian. "They're looking at all the cars and checking security cameras and everything. They haven't found anything yet. No one else has mentioned anything online or anything like that, but he is out there. He's like a ghost. Appearing and disappearing every second." He said. Suddenly, the door opens. Jade and Casper walk in, carrying their takeout breakfast in their hands. Louis looks at them. "Were you followed?" He questioned. "Great to see you too." Jade greeted him. "We took about a ten-minute detour. No cars near us. We made sure of that." Casper tells him. Jade walked up to her brothers. "Hey, pump the breaks there. Chill." She tells them sternly, "What's all the fuss about?" She asks. Jack points at Jayden. "He said Dad was coming." He blurted out. "That's because she called me," Jayden complained and pointed at his sister. Jade sat down at the bags. "Okay, yes, he is coming. But we don't know when. So you three need to calm down and stop throwing your clothes around. Sit down, eat your breakfast, and let me handle this. Calm down." She tells them. The boys stopped. Jade turns to Louis and Ian while her brothers attack the bags with food.

"So, he's definitely here?" Ian questioned. Jade nodded. "He said he would come for me. For all of us. I'm not surprised he didn't send us a postcard first." She continued. Louis scratched the back of his neck. "The boys aren't that crazy, though. We should probably head out. I mean, Bill knows every detail of what happened with the whole... Megan situation." He sighed. "That's why I called. I think we should move the triplets. Just for their safety." Jade agrees. Casper looks at her. "What?" He says. She turns to him. "He threatened to kill them. I don't want them to get hurt. I've already contacted Rico and -" Jade started. "Rico? When did you talk to him?" He asks. "When we were in the car. Listen, because I know what you're gonna say, but I have a plan." Jade assures him. Ian frowns at her. "Rico?" He questioned. "He's going on a vacation with his wife and kids. He needs someone to watch the house. This could be perfect for them." Jade rambled. Casper puts his hands on her arms. "Okay, I get it. And, yes, it's a great plan. But you're suggesting we split up?" He asks her.

Andrew joins in on the conversation. "Splitting up?" He says. Jade turns to him. "I need to be sure my brothers are safe. As long as we're not together all the time." She fills him in. "Why would you want to do that? I thought you wanted nothing more but to be with them. To make sure they're okay." Andrew asks her. Jade sighed and nodded slowly. "Yeah, I know." She said. She briefly glanced over to her brothers. "But my dad's after all of us. As long as they're safe. I don't know what he's doing here or who he's going to come for first. And it doesn't matter. If it's Greenwood, it's gonna buy us some extra time, okay? But Bill has lost his mind. He will kill anything he thinks stands in his way. And he thinks we are in his way. His kids. He wants to hurt them, he will hurt me if he hurts them. And he knows it, so I need them to be safe." She answered. "Yeah, but splitting up?" Andrew questioned. Jade looked at her brothers and sighed again. "I can handle my dad." She says. Casper looks down at his feet. Jade looks at him. "What's up?" She asks. "I don't want to split up." He admits. Jade gives him a weak smile. "And you can't handle Bill by yourself." He added.

Her smile turned into a frown. She folds her arms over her chest. "And why wouldn't I be able to handle my father?" She asks. "I've seen him up close. He's a monster. I don't want you facing him all by yourself. You're not gonna be able to handle that. Not while you're sick." He tells her. "I agree with him," Andrew added. "I can handle my dad." She gritted between her teeth. Suddenly, a glimpse of Bill's rageful eyes appeared in hers. That anger was exactly the same. It caught Louis off guard. "I'm not going to tell you this every single time. But I am in charge. I make the decisions." She reminded them sternly. "Jade, he almost shot me. Just for being there." Casper reminds her. "And that won't happen again. He's not going to shoot me. Not yet, anyway." She replies. "Not yet? Oh, that sounds convincing." Casper said. Jade turns to her uncle and Ian. "What about you? Got anything else to say or add?" She asks. "Honestly, I think this is a good plan. It would keep them safe, and out of sight, from everyone. The detectives are still looking for them. Now their dad is too. This could be a good idea." Ian admits. He looks at the older man standing next to him. Louis seemed to be holding back a lot of his thoughts. Jade looked straight into his eyes. Suddenly, she didn't look much like Parker. She looked exactly like him. Nothing came out of him. Jade turns back to Casper. "It's my family. It's my mess. I'll take care of it." She tells him, "Are you with me?" She asks. Casper sighed. "I need you by my side Cas." She continued. He nodded slowly while looking down at his feet. "Always got your back." He mumbled. She took a step closer to him and put one of her hands on his cheek. That anger, in her eyes, faded away slowly. "Thank you, Cas," She says. 

Hayden glared at his partner sitting next to him in the car. They weren't driving or anything. They just stood still in a parking lot and sat in silence. What happened today was an outburst of rage. Lucas couldn't hold it in. He wants this to be solved and done with. "Listen, man, I'm -" Lucas started quietly. "You were way out of line, today." Hayden cut him off. He turns his head to look at him. "I get that it's difficult. I don't understand, I could never understand, what you and your family went through. But your personal problems cause you to cross the line. I can't have that." He added. Lucas kept quiet. "If you can't control yourself..." Hayden sighed. When he wanted to continue his sentence, Lucas shut him up. He used his fist to punch his jaw harshly. He continued to punch as hard as he could, almost jumping on top of him. "You're not gonna take this away from me!" He exclaimed. Hayden reached out his hands to fight back. But Lucas' rage made him a lot stronger than Hayden.