Chapter 40

Andy: "My love, I hope you can wake up soon. I've never been as worried as I have been these days. I have to thank your mother if I haven't gone completely crazy, she helped me and I hope I was a help to her"

As she continued talking, Robert started to move the hand Andy was holding and then very slowly opened his eyes and the first person he saw was Andy.

Robert: "And who are you?" he asked leaving Andy with a very confused expression on her face but in the meantime he was shaking her hand.

Andy: "Don't you remember me?" she replied as some tears started rolling down her face and that wasn't the reaction Robert expected.

Robert: "Andy.. do you really think I can forget about the love of my life? If I really forgot about you, I wouldn't have shaken your hand. I just wanted to make you a little joke to make you smile, but I got the opposite effect"

Andy: "You.." she said pointing her finger at Robert. "Do you think it's time to play jokes? It's not funny at all"

Robert: "Sorry"

Andy: "They were horrible days, you could have died, you came close several times and the first thing you do as soon as you wake up from a coma is to play a joke on me? You're an idiot and I hate you"

Robert: "It's not true, you don't hate me, you love me and I love you" he replied trying to draw her to him to kiss her. "Really, I just wanted to make you smile" he said stroking Andy's face wiping away the tears that had fallen earlier. "I love you"

Andy: "I love you too" she replied kissing him.

Andy, approaching Robert to kiss him, leaned too heavily on his injured foot and as she kissed Robert she felt some pain and he noticed that Andy had something wrong.

Robert: "Are you okay?"

Andy: "Yeah. It's just that I leaned too much on the foot that hurts me"

Robert: "What happened?" he asked worriedly.

Andy: "I sprained my ankle in our accident, but I'm fine"

Robert: "It's my fault that you hurt yourself, I'm sorry"

Andy: "No, it's not your fault" she replied sitting on the bed. "All of this happened because of me. You went up on that roof to come and help me and.."

Robert: "Honey.." he said taking Andy's hands. "I will always come to you when you need help. I'd risk dying another hundred times, it's enough for me to know that I saved you and that you didn't get hurt. I'm sorry if you hurt your ankle"

Andy: "I'm fine, it doesn't hurt much" she replied with a small smile. "I was really very scared of losing you"

Robert: "But it didn't happen, I'm here and now I'll take care of you"

Andy: "I should be taking care of you, not the other way around. You're the worst off"

Robert: "I'm fine if you're fine" he replied smiling. "Now you lie down here next to me so that your ankle is comfortable and you can't contradict me" Andy gave a small laugh.

Andy: "Ok, ok" she replied then lay down next to Robert and he tried to hug her. "Don't you ever dare play a joke on me like the one before" she said hitting him softly. "It wasn't fun"

Robert: "Okay, I promise"

Andy: "I should tell your mom you're awake"

Robert: "My mother? Do you know what happened?" Andy nodded. "We'll call you later"

Andy: "She's out here with Luke. As soon as she knew what happened she came here and.. it was really good to have her here"

Robert: "How many cookies did my mother make? I know she has made them, when she is worried she usually bakes tons of cookies" Andy laughed.