Chapter 58

Andy and Robert, together with Lilli, had gone to the park, but then on their way home they found themselves faced with a very bad situation. Not far from the park there had been a bad accident involving various vehicles. A man on a motorbike had been hit by a large truck and a car that had failed to brake in time to avoid the accident ended up on the truck. As soon as Andy and Robert saw that accident they immediately walked over so they could start rescuing people. Andy obviously couldn't do much so, holding Lilli close to him, he started pulling people away so Robert could start assessing the situation. Emergency services had already been called and while Andy and Robert waited for the firefighters and paramedics to arrive, they started doing what they could. Andy wondered why help was so slow to arrive and as soon as the station 46 team arrived, Andy started yelling at whoever was in charge.

Andy: "You're too slow, luckily we were here" she shouted.

Captain 46: "And who are you? You can't yell at me, you're just a simple person"

Andy: "I'm Lieutenant Herrera of station 19 and this is Captain Sullivan" she said pointing to her husband. "And I repeat, you were too slow to arrive"

Captain 46: "And what would the situation be?"

Andy explained the situation to him and then started giving orders, but the Captain of the 46 wasn't happy about it.

Captain 46: "Stop giving orders, I'm in charge"

Andy: "No, we arrived first and we're in charge"

Captain 46: "You're off duty and then you're pregnant, very pregnant" he said pointing to Andy's belly.

Andy: "I'm pregnant, yes, but I'm doing my job against you" she said pointing to some people from team 46 who didn't know what to do. "Since I can't help you now, you can go to them and help save those people" she shouted. "If your team is incompetent, it's also the fault of those who follow"

Captain: "Ok, ok, I'm going to help them. But remember that you cannot give orders"

Andy: "You sure? Yet you're doing what I'm saying"

The Captain of the 46 wanted to answer Andy, but a member of his team called him and then joined him. Meanwhile Andy continued to give orders to everyone and Robert was helping to free the motorcyclist who was trapped under the truck. Andy kept giving orders mostly to some members of 46 who were getting everything wrong they were supposed to do. At one point some members of the 46 team hadn't noticed that something that was holding the truck in order to pull the motorcyclist out was giving way and Andy rushed towards that part. As soon as Robert realized what was happening he yelled for someone to take Andy's place because she was in danger and shouldn't have been there. Once the motorcyclist was pulled out from under the truck he was not in very good shape and was immediately rescued by a team of paramedics. Robert has meanwhile grown closer to his wife.

Robert: "Are you okay?" he asked concerned.

Andy: "I'm fine, but those are incompetent"

Robert: "I know. Luckily you were there to give the orders" Andy nodded. "Are you really sure you're okay?"

Andy: "I'm sure and these two little babies are quite agitated right now" they both smiled and the Captain of the 46 approached them.

Captain 46: "Thank you for your help"

Andy: "Luckily we were there, otherwise you wouldn't have saved anyone"

Robert: "Andy.."

Andy: "What? It is the truth. They are incompetent and I had to intervene at one point"

Captain 46: "I know and I'm sorry. Next time we will try to do better"

Andy: "This is not a game, there are lives to save" she replied very irritated.