martin&gina - polo g

Grand army

Once at Jules' house I could see her getting uncomfortable upon seeing her mothers car parked messily in the long driveway

"Uh, if she says anything just ignore her. She's a bit of a bitch while drunk." She mumbled while taking out her keys and unlocking the door.
"Don't worry. I don't care." I mumbled while following in behind her.
We were only inside when I heard her mother shouting.
"You're finally home. Did you need something? Or are you finally finished being a whore." Her mother shouted.
"Mom, I have someone over." She replied which instantly made her mother go quiet.
A few seconds later her mother appeared at the end of the hall and looked at the two of us.
"Bringing them back home? That's cheap." Her mother mumbled.
"Hi ma'am. I'm Rafe Cameron." I said awkwardly.
"It's nice to meet you." I added.
"I'm Stella Maybank. It's good to meet you too." She replied.
"Anyway. We're going to go to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight mom." Jules added.
I knew her mother wasn't nice, but I wasn't expecting her to be so hateful towards her daughter. The one person who's always been there. Yet she treats her so badly.
"Okay. Jules can we talk really quickly. Rafe you can go on upstairs if you like." Stella said.
"Okay." I said while giving Jules a reassuring smile before going upstairs.
I have a feeling her mother isn't going to be happy about me being here. I'll leave if she wants me to well maybe not, I want to be there for Jules.

I was sat comfortably on Jules' bed just waiting for her to come up.
I could hear shouting but not from Jules so I imagine her mother is pissed off about something.

_________
Jules' POV:

Everything was going so well.
No surprise my mother had to ruin it.
"How much is he paying you?" My mother shouted.
"Mom he's my boyfriend." I mumbled.
"Mhm. Yeah no he's not. I know what you do, no man could ever love you. Luke didn't love you. Im the only one who's ever loved you."
My mother hissed.
"Okay mom." I mumbled.
"If you think he loves you. Just wait, you'll understand one day." She spat.
I nodded and stayed quiet.
"You can go now." My mother said while shooing me away with her hand.
I left and said nothing.

I opened my bedroom door to see an anxious Rafe looking around.
"What's wrong?" I asked while sitting down on the bed beside him.
"Does she always talk to you like that?" He asked while looking at me.
"Yeah why?" I asked.
"Jules. That's not okay." He muttered .
"It's fine she can be nice sometimes." I said which didn't seem to amuse Rafe.
"What she says and does to you is wrong." Rafe grumbled.
I don't know why but I hate when people talk bad about my mother. I mean yeah she's treated me like shit since I was young but at least shes still here.
"Doesn't matter. I'm exhausted. Wanna watch a movie or something?" I quickly said, hoping to change the topic.
Rafe glared at me before softening his expression. "Okay. I'm gonna shower quickly." Rafe nodded before grabbing some clothes and disappearing into the bathroom.
I lay there thinking about how tired I am of this shit. I care about my friends and Rafe it's everything else. The constant judgement, the way everything always seems to go wrong, my mothers comments and abuse, my job. Everything.

I must've been thinking for some time because When I was finally disrupted from my thoughts Rafe had a towel around his waist and neck. His short, blonde hair looked so hot as the water from his hair dropped down his forehead.
"Hey. You okay?" He asked while using the towel around his neck to wipe his face.
"Mhm." I nodded while admiring the blonde boy stood before me.
He truly is perfect.
"What?" Rafe laughed.
"What?" I replied.
"He truly is perfect." Rafe said in a mocking tone while laughing.
Oh for fuck sake...
"Oh. Yeah." I mumbled.
Oh god he actually must think I'm such a freak.
'He truly is perfect' what the actual fuck is that..
He's going to tell me he has to go home because he thinks I'm an axe murderer..

"Anyway. I'm gonna get a shower while you pick out a movie. Kay?" I said while sliding off the bed and half running towards the en suite bathroom.

After my shower I slathered some lotion and oils on my skin and some oils for my hair.
I used to have naturally curly hair, well I still do sort of? I straightened the shit out of it and destroyed all my natural curls so now they look weird..
I tossed on some shorts and a bra and reentered my bedroom seeing Rafe lay on my bed with some Netflix movie on.

"Hi." Rafe said flatly.
"Hi." I said while climbing onto the bed .
"What are we watching?" I asked while getting comfortable.
"Netflix." Rafe replied with a proud grin.
"No fucking shit." I mumbled .
"What movie?" I asked this time being more precise.
"It's not a movie." Rafe said with once again the same proud grin.
"You're so childish. What's the name of this series?" I asked while fighting the smile that was appearing on my lips.
"Grand Army. I don't know I saw it on your recommended and thought it would be good." Rafe shrugged.
"Hm okay." I said while moving closer to Rafe.

We watched about three episodes and they were sad so I ended up crying which caused Rafe to panic and turned it off and turned on an Adam Sandler movie.
"That was sad how are you not crying?" I asked while staring at him blankly.
"I don't know. It's a show, they're acting." He replied while running a hand through my damp hair.
"It's still sad." I mumbled while watching the TV.
'Murder Mystery 2' displayed largely on the TV. At least it's not a sad movie.

I fell asleep half way through my movie, comfortable in Rafe's arms, although I don't know if he was comfortable he didn't let me know.

I have a new story coming out soon.. of course I'll continue posting new parts for this story but I'm excited for the new story. Sorry I've been inactive lately I've just had a lot of family and school problems. I love you all so much and I can't believe we're nearly at 1k reads. Thank you so much for reading. It honestly means so much that one person would want to read my work Nevermind nearly 1k!