softcore - the neighbourhood

Anything for you.

Tw: talk of death and talk of sh.

I stood there in disbelief, Jules is usually the type of person to help someone

I stood there in disbelief, Jules is usually the type of person to help someone.. seeing her do that would usually scare people away but if anything I feel closer to her. He was fine honestly, I think he deserved it. I just wish she didn't have to do it.
I feel ashamed honestly. It's my job to take care of her. I don't want to play this part but I do, all for her.

"Come on, let's go." I said while taking Jules' hand in mine.
We ditched the idea of walking and caught a cab home.

"What the fuck did I do?" Jules was pacing around the room.
"It's not your fault." I said while trying to calm her down.
"He's fine." I reassured her.
"But what if he's not?" She asked while looking up at me.
"Then no one will miss him." I shrugged.
"No, Rafe. I'm serious. That was fucked up. I don't know why I did that." She mumbled.
"Come here. If you didn't do it, they would've hurt you baby. I'm sorry you had to do that." I said while holding her in my arms.

After a few hours of trying to calm her down I decided to leave the cutting thing till tomorrow.
"Wait. You wanted to know why right?" She asked while sat in our bed.
"Yeah, you don't have to tell me today if you don't want to." I mumbled while climbing in the bed beside her.
"No it's okay. You kind of deserve to know." She mumbled while playing with her hair.
God she looks so beautiful.
"I don't know, I just wanted something to distract my mind from everything, and I guess it worked. I did it after my moms funeral." She said while tracing her hands on my chest.
I feel like a piece of my heart actually hurts, hearing her talk about how much pain she's in.
"The days leading up to it, I just felt numb, I didn't want to do anything or think. All I could do was relive finding her, relive how if I had just stayed home she would still be here, or if I had just went to the party with you, you wouldn't have cheated. I don't know." She rambled. My poor beautiful girl.
"I know it's my fault, but I want you to be able to talk to me whenever you feel like doing something like that again and I'm so sorry I made you feel like that." I said while running my hands through her hair.
Jules was now pushed up against me and tracing shapes on my chest .
"It's not your fault. It was just everything, it was just too much." She mumbled while dropping her head down against my skin.
"I'm sorry baby." I mumbled while running my hand through her hair.
"It's okay, just please don't hurt me again. I don't know if I could take it." She spoke.
My poor beautiful girl.
I wrapped my arms around her and propped my chin to rest on her head, occasionally kissing her head.

We lay like this for awhile, just talking about stupid little things but I don't mind since it was Jules who was talking.
"Whats your favourite colour?" She asked while propping herself up on her elbows.
"Red." I mumbled while watching her expression change to excitement.
"Mine too." She said with a proud smile on her face.
"Hm what's your favourite snack?" She asked, she must be getting sleepy by the sound of her voice.
"I don't really have one." I replied while pulling her backwards into my chest.
"Hm, I think mines Takis. And everyone has a favourite snack." She mumbled while holding my hands that were wrapped around her.
"I don't know, chocolate poptarts." I said while trying to think of some sort of snack that I eat.
"I agree. They're really good, I kinda forgot about them." She rambled on .

Soon enough she went quiet, I think she fell asleep. I hope so. She's had a long day..

_________
Jules' POV:

I woke up feeling like I was on my death bed

I woke up feeling like I was on my death bed. I don't remember what time I fell asleep at but I'm assuming it was late since we got back from the club at 2..
I rolled over to look at Rafe who's eyes were still closed. He looks so pretty while he's sleeping.
"Didn't you know that it's rude to stare." He mumbled in a sleepy voice.
How did he even know?
"What do you mean, I wasn't staring." I tried defending myself.
"Liar." He spoke before a smile formed on his face.
"You're so annoying." I grumbled before grabbing a pillow and dropping it on his head.
I began to make my escape but Rafe wouldn't let that happen, he grabbed my waist and pulled me back into the bed. He pushed me under him as he sunk between my thighs. I watched as his eyes studied me. God he's definitely thinking I'm a psycho after last night..
"It's rude to stare." I said, trying to mimic him from earlier.
"I don't care." He said before dropping his head into the crook of my neck.
I nearly gasped as his lips made contact with my neck.
"Good morning baby." He hummed, putting emphasis on the nickname he gave me..
"Good morning." I said while a smile crept onto my face.
I love the Bahamas.

꧁꧂

We decided this to just spend the day relaxing and drinking.
"Can you pass me the sangria?" I asked while covering my eyes from the sun.
"No." He spoke before handing me the sangria.
"Thank you baby." I muttered while pouring myself another glass.
Now that Rafe knew about the cuts on my thighs I wasn't too bothered about trying to hide them. I was wearing a white bikini that needed to be tied at the sides and around the neck.
"Did you put sunscreen on?" I asked while narrowing my eyes at him.
"No. I'll do it later." He groaned before walking over.
"You're such a whiner." I complained before standing up and grabbing the sunscreen.
I sprayed some on him and he shot me a nasty glare.
"It smells and it's cold." He whined.
"I don't fucking care. You'll be thanking me when you have amazing skin at 50." I replied.
I made him turn around and face me so I could do his front.
"It smells." He whined for the millionth time.
"Oh my god. You're so bratty." I said while spraying his chest, abs and arms.
"It's greasy too." He whined, again.
"Rafe. I swear to god." I warned before rubbing the cream in.
"Oh my god. Can you not get a different scent? It actually smells Jules." He complained.
"Rafael Cameron. Stop fucking complaining." I groaned.
"You read my ID?" He asked while narrowing his eyes on me.
"Obviously." I shrugged.
"okay." He shrugged.

Once I had finished applying sunscreen to the man-child beside me, we had sat down. Both reading our own little books while listening to music.
It had been 30 minutes or so since I put sunscreen on Rafe when I saw him get up.
"Come on." He spoke.
"Where?" I asked while narrowing my eyes on him.
"Swim?" He asked while motioning his head towards the pool.
"No. Hell no, I'm comfortable where I am." I protested.
Rafe nodded before walking over to me, taking my book out of my hands and scooping me up.
"Put me down now." I demanded.
"You're so bossy." He shrugged.
"No. Put me down!" I yelled as we approached the pool.
"Okay." He said before dropping me into the pool.

I'm going to murder that man.

Just as I came up for air, I watched as Rafe smiled down at me before jumping in.
"Rafe no!" I shouted before moving out of the way.
I tried getting away but Rafe came up behind me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest.
"It's not that bad, right?" He asked with a small smile on his face.
"Rafe it's fucking freezing." I said while trying to fight off the smile that was forming on my face.
"Oh fine. You go sit out while I get a tan in this water." He shrugged.
"Thank you." I mumbled before kissing his cheek and swimming to the stairs.

Please vote and comment and let me know your opinions. I hope everyone is doing okay. I love you all ❤️🫶