Chapter 16

Daniel's POV

"Hi." Tyler says when he sees me.

"Hey." I say, and we look at each other for a while, before Tyler breaks the eye contact.

"What are you doing here?" Tyler asks, and I open my mouth to answer, but the Alpha responds to his question before I could.

"Your mate missed you enough to come here looking for you." The Alpha tells him, and I almost chocke on my saliva.

I look at Tyler, and he has his mouth hanging open, which makes me chuckle.

"How did you know?" Tyler asks his father.

"You have the heart eyes when you see each other." The Alpha tells him, and Tyler rolls his eyes.

"So, are you okay with two guys mating?" I ask the Alpha, just to make sure that he won't try to separate us or something.

"I have two male mates, and I have raised one of them as my son, so no, I don't mind it at all." He says, and my eyes widen.

I don't think I will be able to believe that it's a truth, before I see the rest of his family.

"Alright then." Tyler says. "Can we go upstairs now?" He asks his father.

"You can go, but remember that I will be in the house for the next few hours." He tells us.

"And Daniel, you can call me Carter." He says, extending his hand, so I shake it quickly.

"Let's go." Tyler tells me, and I follow him upstairs to his room.

We sit on his bed, with our back rested against the headboard.

"Why didn't you tell me that you have a girlfriend?" I decide to ask him.

"I just broke up with her." Tyler tells me, and I frown.

"You did?" I ask, not really believing him.

"Yeah, she's still my friend through, so we will have to see her sometimes." Tyler's says.

"Fine." I tell him, and then there is a long silence.

"Did you do anything with her?" I ask him, I have no idea if it's a good time to ask this question, but I have to know.

"Nothing other than kissing, and some touching." He tells me quickly.

"Good." I say, but I can feel the anger trying to get to the surface again, I try to make it go away, but it doesn't work.

So, I try to stand up to make sure that there is some distance between us, in case that I will want to hit him.

But before I can do that, I feel his hand on my tight, and the anger instantly fades.

I look up at him, and he smiles sadly.

"Sorry." He tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

"Just don't touch her again." I say.

"I won't." He tells me.

I stare in his eyes for a while, before I lean in closer to him, and when he realises what I'm trying to do, he presses his lips to mine, and we spend the rest of the evening making out.