Chapter 31

Tyler's POV

I feel that someone is shaking me, so I open my eyes, and I look up to see that papa, who is trying to wake me up.

"What do you want from me?" I ask him angrily.

"It's late, you have to go back to the house." He tells me.

"I'm not going anywhere before Daniel can go with me." I say.

"You can't stay here." He says.

"If you don't let me stay here, than I will have to make you lock me in one of those cellars." I threaten, and he sight in frustration.

"What's going on?" Daniel asks, we must have woken him up.

"I was just telling Tyler that he should go back to the house to rest." Papa tells him.

"Can I talk to him before he goes?" Daniel asks.

"Didn't you talk yet?" Papa asks with a frown.

"No, he was asleep when I got here, and I must have fallen asleep too." I explain.

"You have fifteen minutes." He tells us, before he goes out of the cellars.

"I didn't do anything, I was just trying to save that child." Daniel tells me, as soon as the door close.

"I know, Reggie saw what happened, and he told me, but papa doesn't believe him, so you will have to stay here for a while." I say, and he nods in acknowledgement, with a sad smile.

"I will get you out of here, somehow. " I assure him, and he leans in to give me a kiss through the bars.

I hear someone clear their throat, and when I look up, I see that it's a guy from the other cell.

"Don't mind him, he just likes to be annoying." Daniel tells me, with a chuckle, while the man says something under his breath.

"Did you make a friend?" I ask Daniel.

"Yeah, but I was hoping to be friends with someone a bit less annoying." He tells me, and I laugh slightly.

Daniel and I talk for a bit longer, but we are interrupted when papa opens the door.

"Ready to go?" He asks me, with a sad smile.

"I want to stay here." I tell him.

"You should go, you can come back tomorrow." Daniel says.

"I don't want to leave you here, by yourself, for a whole night." I say.

"I have Ron to keep me entertained." He tells me, and I look at the man.

"I'm not going anywhere for a while." Ron assures me.

I sigh in frustration, but I decide to just give Daniel a kiss, and then I stand up, and I walk towards my father.

I don't talk to him on our way back to our house, and he doesn't try to start a conversation, most likely knowing that I'm not in the mood to talk.

When we reach the house, I go straight upstairs to my room, and I fall on my bed with disappointment.

I hope that Daniel will be out of the cellars soon, otherwise I will go crazy.