Chapter 48

Tyler's POV

I enter the living room in the morning, and only dad and papa sit on the couch, without any children.

I decide to stay here anyway, although I already know that this will end in some deep discussion, as every time the three of us are alone.

We sit in silence while they eat their breakfast, I don't like to eat right after I wake up, so I will wait for everyone else to wake up, which will be in about an hour.

"I have heard you and Daniel talk about adopting, when we were at Denver's." Papa tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

"And?" I ask.

"I think you should consider getting pregnant, I know that it won't be easy, but I think it will be better for everyone." He tells me.

"Why would that be better for everyone?" I ask.

"Because if you adopt, then there will be a problem with an heir, and you know that if we let the wrong person do the ceremony, then they might die." He informs me.

I haven't really thought of that, if I have adopted, then Tyson will have to do the Alpha ceremony, and he might die if he's not meant to be an heir.

I grip my hair in frustration, and I shut my eyes to calm myself.

"I really don't want to be pregnant." I tell them.

I look at them, when neither of them answer.

Dad smiles sadly, and he stands up from his seat, then he comes over to sit next to me.

"It's not that bad, and it's only a bit over four months." He tells me, while he rubbs my back.

"You will have to check if you have a womb." Papa tells me.

"I already did." I tell him, and he looks surprised.

"Then I guess that you do have it." He says, and I nod.

"Didn't you promise Denver that you will let him do the ceremony?" I ask papa, and he shakes his head.

"I said that I we will talk about it, before I want to give up the position, but I don't intend to let him try to pass the ceremony." He tells me.

"He won't like that." I inform him, and he groans I response.

"I know, but it might kill him, so I won't let him do that while I'm pretty sure that he won't pass." He tells me.

"And if I don't pass?" I ask.

"Then I will let Reggie try, he will definitely pass." He says with a laugh, making me laugh too, and dad just shakes his head.

"If you would even be able to find him to tell him about the ceremony." I say, and papa laughs even more.

"I wonder if he's still in his room." Dad tells us.

"I doubt it." I say, and he nods.

"I will check." Dad says, before he disappears upstairs.

Papa comes closer, and he forces me to sit right next to him, so he can put his arm around my shoulder, making me groan.