Jealous- Evan Peters

I was on the couch reading my book when I heard footsteps from the other room. Shortly after, the brunette I'd call my husband appeared in the doorway.

"Hey babe, did you eat my fruit roll-ups," he questioned.

I shook my head.

"Nope," I responded as I flipped through my page, "Maybe you should ask him."

I shifted my gaze to the little boy on the opposite end of the sofa. He had his father's eyes- and my deviation. Red taffy was all over the hands of the 7-year-old- the colorful wrappers on the floor did not help his case either. Evan smiled as he strolled over to the boy. The boy's eyes widened as he hid his hands behind his back, and a small chuckle escaped my lips. Our son was always up to something- without eyes on him, there was no telling what he'd do. Today was the day that Evan had to watch him. I had already discussed that I needed to finish this novel for my book club because Evan had come home after filming in New York.

"Ivan, buddy," Evan smiled, "Whatcha got there, champ?"

"Nothing, Dad," he replied.

Ivan smiled at his father, not realizing the red candy had stained his mouth.

"You sure about that," Evan continued.

"Uhh-yeah," Ivan responded, "Are you sure you needed any more fruit roll-ups- you are old."

"I'm old," Evan huffed, "What does that have to do with my candy?"

"Old people aren't supposed to have candy," Ivan answered, "Your teeth will fall out, duh. You're going to look like one of your show characters."

I snorted, and both of the boys brought their attention to me.

"Sorry," I giggled.

Insult and distractions were Ivan's defense mechanism- but it wasn't working today. Evan looked back at his look-a-like.

"Ivan, you know you're not supposed to lie," Evan scolded.

"And you're not supposed to have fake teeth yet," Ivan continued, "I'm doing you a favor, old man."

I chuckled so hard that I dropped my book in my lap. I looked over to my husband, who gave me a pleading stare.

"Y/n, a little help here," Evan begged.

"See, I would," I said as I checked my watch, "but I'm off the mommy clock until further notice, so you go get him."

"Fine," he said to his son, "Ivan, are you sure you didn't eat my fruit roll-ups?"

Ivan stared at his father without responding.

"Oh, we're not talking now, huh," Evan chuckled, "Well since you can't talk anymore, it seems I won't be taking you to Disneyland."

"Wait- no," Ivan whined, "Mommy!"

That was my bat symbol as I had clocked back in for motherly duties. Ivan pouted as he looked at me for backup, and as Evan hated, I was on his face stealer's side. I tossed my book and bolted to Ivan, grabbing him in my arms.

"Y/n," Evan shouted, "Are you seriously going to comfort him? He lied to me."

"It's cause he cares," I argued.

Evan rolled his eyes and backed away from the both of us.

"I don't even get it- I didn't even see him pass by me to get the candy," Evan continued.

"'Cause I move at the speed of light," Ivan cried," And you're mad. Mommy, I wanted to see Flash."

"I know, sweetheart- your daddy is just jealous 'cause he could only be Quicksilver," I responded, "He can't handle competition, but don't worry, I'll take you."

"I am not jealous, okay, Y/n," Evan fussed, "I just said he couldn't go."

"No, you said you wouldn't be taking him," I corrected, "So, it looks like I have to. Ivan, go wash your hands and bring me your travel pack."

I let go of the boy and watched him zip out of the living room. Evan and I looked at each in silence.

"You fell for the puppy dog eyes again, didn't you," Evan sighed.

"Shut up, Flash hater," I responded.

Evan shook his head as Ivan ran into the room with his backpack and handed it to me. I grabbed it and strolled into our storage room, leaving them alone. Evan and I debated how I let our son get away with so much, but who could blame me? There were even times when he would fall for it too. I packed a bunch of items that I felt we'd need. Ivan's inhalers, water bottles, snacks, and first aid kit were checked off the list. Ivan already had a change of clothes in his bag, but he picked them out himself, so I needed to swap them out for something that wasn't his Flash costume- that and Evan wanted to burn it, so he was supposed to keep it hidden.

I walked through the living room and stopped to see Evan go from arguing with the boy to racing him in the living room.

"No fair," Ivan chuckled, "I don't have my costume on."

"As I said before, I am not jealous," Evan huffed, "Wally may be faster, but Peter is wittier, funnier, cooler-"

"And hotter," I chimed in, "Way hotter."

Evan smirked.

"And as your mother says, hotter, " Evan laughed.

"Ew," Ivan whined.