Chapter 36

Calum's POV

I walk around the pack lands with Xander, and I try to enjoy the silence, because in a few months I will have to carry a crying baby with me almost everywhere.

But for now, that kid is still in my mate's stomach, so it can't scream yet.

We're currently walking back to the house, but I groan when I see who's on our path.

My former friends.

They're the worst type of people that I know, and I was stupid enough to not realise it when I was younger.

At least not until Stephan showed me that they don't really care about me, and they all they care for is my money, and the possibility of being a Beta if I will become an Alpha.

"Hey. I see that you got your puppy pregnant." Jaxon says, and I have to resist the urge to punch him in his face.

"Go away Jaxon." I tell him, but he doesn't listen, and he comes over with the rest of the group.

Jaxon is kind of their leader, so no one even speaks, letting him talk to me alone.

"Jaxon it's your last chance to leave me alone, or I will tell my father that you're bothering me again, and both of us know how that ended last time." I say, and he seems to be rethinking his actions.

"Alright I will leave." He tells me, so I wait for him to go away, but instead he punches me in a face, before he runs away with the rest of the group.

I just shake my head in disappointment, but at least I will be able to see papa punish them later on, so it's worth it.

"Are you okay?" Xander asks me, and I nod my head.

"I will be fine." I say. "We should go back, before the bruise can heal, or I won't have any evidence to convince my father that I'm telling the truth." I tell him.

"I was here too, so I will confirm that it happened." He tells me, before we start to walk back to the house in silence.

"Who were they?" Xander asks me.

"My former friends, it seems that I was very bad as seeing who's good, and who's not, when I was younger." I tell him, and he nods.

When we reach the house, I go straight to the living room to tell my father what happened, and he tells me that he will take care of it.

So, Xander and I go to our room, and we lay down on the bed, then we cuddle to each other, before there's a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say, and Stephan comes inside, before he frowns when he sees my face, so I explain what happened.

"I will make sure that dad will take care of it." He tells me, and this makes Xander and I chuckle a little.

"What did you want?" I ask him, and he shrugs.

"I'm lonely, and Jasper is out with Alex." He tells me, so I gesture for him to come inside, and we spend a few hours with him, before we go to sleep.