Chapter 43

Calum's POV

Xander is avoiding me lately, and I have no idea if I have done something to him, or if it's because of something else.

So, I'm a bit worried, and I have spent the whole day thinking about how I can make him talk to me.

I hate that the only therapist that I know is my mate, because I would like to have a friend who I could ask to talk with him.

Like I ask Xander if I want to make sure that one of my brothers is alright, when they seem sad.

But I think that I have the best chance to get him to tell me what's wrong, so I will have to talk to him.

I'm currently walking towards my house, and I'm a bit stressed, because I'm not sure if he's annoyed at me for something, or if it's not about me.

But I can't remember doing anything that could have upset him enough to ignore me, so I really doubt that it's about me.

There's also a possibility that he's just stressed about the birth that is getting closer with every day, or maybe the kid is making him emotional.

I decide to not guess what's wrong, and I just walk inside of the house, before I go straight to my bedroom.

Xander is asleep, but that's pretty normal for him now, because the pregnancy is exhausting him.

So, I sit on the bed next to him, and I play with his hair.

I'm not sure if I hope that he will wake up quickly, or if I would prefer for him to sleep for as long as he can.

I wait for a few minutes, but he eventually wakes up, and he smiles at me when he realises that I'm already back.

"Hi." I greet him happily.

"Hey." He says with a smile.

"Are you alright?" I ask him, and he nods.

To be honest he seems a bit happier than he was before, so I take it as a good sign.

"I'm fine." He responds.

"You were a bit sad lately." I tell him, and he nods in agreement.

"I'm better now." He tells me.

"Do you want to tell me what you were upset?" I ask him, I really want to know the reason of that, but I don't want to force him to tell me.

He stays silent for a moment, mostly likely wondering if he wants to tell me anything or not.

"I was a bit homesick." He says.

"Yeah?" I ask him, and he nods in confirmation.

I have thought about a lot of things that could have made him distant lately, but I never thought of this.

"Yes, but I'm feeling better now." He tells me, so I nod, and I give him a kiss.

"Will you come with me to my parents pack in a few months?" He asks me, I nod with a smile.

"Of course, I will go with you." I say, and he hugs me happily.