Chapter 48

Xander's POV

The last few weeks were pretty much uneventful, except for the fact they Alex finally gave birth.

He and Jasper named their baby Starling, and he's a very healthy boy, as everyone hoped that he will be.

But it seems that the peace can't last for long, because I wake up to a sound of an alarm.

And I'm sure that it doesn't come from my phone.

I remember the few times that we had an attack in my former pack, and even thought the sound of an alarm was a bit different, I'm sure that it has the same meaning.

Calum quickly gets out of the bed, and he pulls me out too, before he goes to grab the kids, and we run to the safe room along with Jasper, Stephan and Alex.

When we get downstairs I can see that Oliver and his family is here, so they most likely were having breakfast with dad, as they sometimes do on the weekends.

It's mostly so dad and Edward could talk about the pack related things.

Dad quickly rushes all of us to the safe room, which is in our house, and Edwards comes with us, so I frown at him.

He's the tracked, so he should be fighting with the rest of the warriors.

"I hurt my leg this morning, and it still didn't heal properly, so I won't be much help." He tells me, so I nod in acknowledgement.

I look at him leg, and sure enough there's a bandage, which covers most of his leg.

We sit down in the small room, and I'm glad that all of us have a place to sit on the floor.

The kids look scared, and the rest of us don't look much better, but we try to keep it together, so we won't scare the kids anymore.

Calum hugs me tightly, and I put my arm around him, to make him feel a bit safer.

It makes him calm a little, but he's still very tense, which make me think that the attacks are rare here too.

"Is this room soundproof?" I ask Stephan, and he nods.

I'm not sure if I should be happy that I won't be able to hear if someone will get in the house, or if it makes me panic even more.

"I don't like this." Calum says, and I chuckle.

"No one does." I tell him.

My phone rings a while later, so I swear under my breath, and I look at my phone to see that it's dad.

I decline the call, and I make sure to put my phone on silent.

I'm sure that dad will be worried about me now, but I try not to think about it for now.

I have a bit more important things to worry about.

We wait her for a very long time, and I'm sure that it's already dark outside, which makes me frown.

But then Edwards phone rings, and he picks the call up, before he stands up to unlock the door for Isaac.