Chapter 40

Xander's POV

Alex and I decided to hang out together again, we do it almost every day, but we usually just stay in the house.

Although today we decided to go outside for a walk.

We're both showing already, I'm almost in the third month, and Alex's in the second, so I doubt that we will be able to walk for long.

"Do you know if you're having a boy for sure?" Alex asks me, and I shake my head.

"I didn't go got the Doctor yet. Do you know?" I ask.

"No, I was thinking that we could go together." Alex says.

"Alright." I tell him. "Do you want to go now?" I ask, and he nods in agreement.

We're already going towards the pack house, so we don't have to turn around, but we slow down a little, so we can talk some more, before we will reach it.

"I will call our parents when we will get back. Do you want to talk with them too?" I ask him, and he thinks about it for a moment, but he nods eventually.

"You don't like them very much." I say.

"I don't really mind them." He tells me. "But Mason is a bit too emotional most of the time, and it's a bit annoying." He says.

"To be honest, he's usually calmer than papa, but he gets emotional when we talk about you, especially if someone's trying to stop him from seeing you." I say, and he frowns.

"Why?" He asks me, which makes me shrug, because I'm not really sure.

"I guess that he didn't want anyone to keep you away from him, after he spent years searching for you." I respond.

He doesn't say anything to this, so we walk the rest of the way in silence.

When we reach the pack hospital, we go straight into one of the rooms, because we can smell that the Doctor is with a patient right now.

A few minutes later he comes into the rooms, and we tell him what we want from him, so he drags the ultrasound matching towards the bed, and he tells me to lay down.

I do it happily, and I watch as the Doctor does the ultrasound.

"It's a boy." He tells me happily, and I smile.

"I would have preferred a girl, but I already knew that it will be a boy." I say, before I stand up.

I clean my stomach, and I put my shirt on, while my brother lays down, allowing the Doctor to do the same to him.

"It's a boy too." The Doctor tells us.

Alex seems more than happy about it, so I guess that he was hoping for a boy.

"Thanks Goddess, I really don't think that I could ever raise a girl." Alex says, and I laugh slightly.

I honestly think that a girl would have been easier to raise, but a few of my friends who have daughters and sons say otherwise, so I guess that I'm wrong.