xxx. bad night?

Wren pressed her back flat on the roof tiles outside her window. It was easy to climb in and out, she was getting pretty good at it these days. She opened her eyes and just gazed up at the millions of stars that worshipped the moon above and took a long deep breath.

But instead of letting her self sink right then and there, Wren picked herself and suddenly she found herself standing in front of the Cobra Kai dojo, pushing open the glass door and making her way inside. She discarded her bag and flicked on the lights, Johnny had locked up a while ago but despite this, Miguel and Wren where the only ones who knew where he kept the spare key outside.

She hit the punching bag once, then twice but harder this time. She had wrapped her bruised knuckle in a thick white bandage to soften the blow on her injured hand but it still sent a jolt of pain up her arm every time she hit the bag.

Wren didn't let that stop her, she kept going until she felt like her lungs were going to collapse, again and again.

Harder and harder. Each time more brutal than the last.

Miguel hadn't meant to shove her. Just like when her dad hit her mom for the first time, he claimed it was an accident when she was little.

Stop. Stop it. Miguel isn't like that.

She thought and kicked the bag, fully extending her leg and swiftly brought it back to her body, only to repeat the process.

Tonight had been a shit show and she knew it. Hawk had tried to protect her but he just didn't understand. Alcohol could make even the nicest of people complete assholes.

Wren just felt so overwhelmed but most of all she felt sorry... Sorry for smelling like cigarettes when she knows Mr James quit even if it was 23 years ago. Sorry for staring at Robby like that when she has... had a good thing with Hawk. Sorry for laughing too loud at Demitri's jokes at school and having a shaky voice when Hawk told her she was beautiful and telling her beautiful words that weren't made for people like her.

Sorry that Will was watching time pass him by from inside white walls when there was a whole world outside waiting to be seen by him.

She was sorry Rue was the one in the ground.

She felt so old, so awfully old and warn beneath the surface and so young all at once, as raw as an open wound. Too far gone to be fixed.

She was drowning and Wren knew it was all her fault.

And feeling her body stretch to it's limit, she knew no one could fix her but herself. She just no clue where to start. She kicked again and again, throwing a punch with her bad hand on purpose just to feel the sting. Wren began to yell each time, letting it all out.

Rue would know what to tell her, she would know how to calm her down.

But Rue's not here. She's not here. She's gone.

Wren yelled even louder after that, not noticing the blood stain through her bandage.

She didn't rush on the way back to The Bookshelf, she probably should have... Last time she was in a similar situation to this she met her father's friends. But for some reason that just didn't seem that important to her anymore, maybe it was because now she knew karate or maybe it was because she just didn't care...

But despite this thought, the fact she had no fear of getting hurt, Wren felt her throat grow dry as she saw someone sitting on the pavement right in front of the shop. His head tilted forward ever so slightly so she couldn't make out his face in the streetlight.

Wren swallowed and continued walking, too tired to do anything else. But only when she was 3 meters away did she see it was Robby. Just sitting there, not moving. He had his hood up and his head was leaning against the lamp post, with his eyes closed.

"We're closed." She said as she passed him, having crossed the road out of the dark, as a result, making him jump and sit up with a jolt as she reached for the keys in her pocket. The top of Robby's head and as he looked up she watched as he cracked a smile.

It was something Wren didn't think she would ever get tired of watching.

"Shame, I was hoping to talk to an employee." He joked in a comforting manor, pushing himself up from where he had been sat, brushing himself off as he went. He followed her to the door and looked down at her attire, gym clothes. "Where have you been?" He asked as she unlocked the door and thoughtlessly slung her keys back in her pocket.

"I had to blow off some steam after the shit show that went down earlier... It's been a long night, Keene." Was all she said before stepping inside and pausing to hold the door open for him, Robby followed her inside.