vi. a different way.

"Ever since the tournament," Daniel had his back to Robby as he walked down the steps into the garden that Robby had spent so much time in that day, cleaning, sanding, painting, all in an effort to work on his muscle memory. "All I've been thinking about is ways to destroy Cobra Kai." He pondered as Robby followed him down the steps.

"To turn their champion against them?" He asked, his voice flat but interlaced with hope. The way Mr LaRusso spoke about Cobra Kai and the way Miguel had hurt Robby in the tournament, any other day he would have believed any of the kids that walked in that dojo were a lost cause. But Robby knew Wren. Knew she wouldn't fight dirty, wouldn't lie or betray like Cobra Kai was trademarked for. Robby had spent all day throwing this about in his mind:

Why did he snap at her?

Part of him was angry, no matter how hard he tried to suppress it, that she was so close with his father. They had a bond Robby craved when he was younger, that he was deprived of. Over everything, Johnny had chosen to nurture Wren and Miguel over himself. But he knew of Wren's own father, knew he was a bad man, so something screamed in the back of his mind... That if he was in her position, he wouldn't reject a replacement figure. He knew because he had Mr LaRusso.

Another part of his was in a great deal of pain physically, Miguel's dirty fighting could have injured him a lot more permanently and when Wren came up to him after she won... Robby took one look at the snake on her gi and turned defensive. But that wasn't her fault. It wasn't her. It was Miguel.

"No." Robby watched Daniel as he waited for him to explain, "The answer is, we won't. Cobra Kai isn't the enemy. There are no enemies." Daniel paused, looking down at his student. "Your dad, his students, even Wren, they're just like you and me. They've just been taught the wrong way. The goal of Miyagi-Do isn't to fight them... It's to show them a different way." He paused again, "Right? A better way. For them and everyone in the valley." Daniel finished and Robby showed the ghosts of a smile. He truly believed Daniel, it gave him hope that not all tournaments would be fought the way Miguel had. He believed karate belonged defensively and if Wren chose to come to Miyagi-Do, if she also believed in everything Daniel had just told him, he wouldn't lose her to his father.

"Got room for one more?" A voice called from the deck and both Robby and Daniel turned to see Sam standing there, dressed in athletic gear, her long brown hair was half up, half down with a beautiful beaming smile.

"Yeah." Daniel said happily and Sam nodded, stepping down towards them, "The place looks great. I mean the house has been painted and the deck has been sanded. Does that mean I'm off the hook?" She asked hopefully, it made Robby lose a breathy chuckle, Daniel extended his arms.

"Uh, no, we're gonna find something for you to do. Get on over here." He laughed and Sam hugged her dad and turned to stand next to Robby. "So, if you don't mind me asking, did you speak to Wren today?" Daniel asked and Robby threw Sam a wearily look over his shoulder and Sam's smile fell.

"Yeah, yeah I did." She said weakly, "I explained to her what kind of place Cobra Kai is and how because she was the champion, others would follow her but she didn't want to listen. Either way I told her there would always be a place for her here." Sam told her father and Daniel sighed. Robby felt his stomach twist against his will. "Before I asked her though, she was asking about you..." Sam looked over at Robby, an uneasy look in her eye, "She told me to tell you to swing by the shop, she said you would know what that meant, maybe you could give talking to her another try?" Sam said to Robby hopefully and Robby pursed his lips together and nodded.

"Sure." He said promptly, looking back to Daniel. Even after everything he had said in the heat of the moment, Wren still wanted to talk to him. She still wanted to try. And he was willing to try too.

"Sounds like a plan, anyway, I'm not even open 24 hours and I've already doubled my roster." Daniel joked, nodding his head, "I've got a good feeling about this. Alright, both of you guys should go and get some rest. Because this summer, you're going to be spending a lot of time back here together." Sam and Robby looked over to each other and smiled.