xxxv. run.

Wren walked to school for the first time in six weeks, of course, getting the bus was an option but that also meant seeing people for the first time since- well, it didn't matter, because now she was forced to reside in close proximity to all of them with no choice. Disregarding this, she walked anyway, Wren figured she could use the fresh air.

She hadn't seen anyone in a few days. Tory wasn't picking up her calls. Miguel was MIA. Wren couldn't care what Hawk was doing. Robby hadn't come by the shop since what happened with Daniel and Sam and Wren felt more disconnected than she had in a long time.

But she was sure of one thing, she would without a doubt see them all today- she just wasn't sure how things were going to play out. And she was anxious to see how they would.

But until then, Wren knew she was just going to keep her head straight.

She sat down in class, pulled out her notebook and kept her head down. It was nothing strange, it was nothing out of the ordinary. Just class. Nothing more or less. And yet, Wren , with her head down, ready for class to begin, let her eyes skim to the empty chair next to her. Everyone was here, their teacher was about to begin and yet no one had sat next to her. Which, to Wren, spoke volumes.

"And finally, as we bark upon another academic year," the voice of the intercom stated, concluding her back to school speech which many of the students could recite by heart, "it's important to remember to be tolerating and accepting of all of our peer, regardless of-" She was cut off. A loud crash behind her. Wren looked up from her notebook, as did everyone in her class.

"Hey, what? You're not supposed to be in here!" The woman shouted, "No! No!" Everyone winced at the microphone's feedback, "Give that back!" There was a brief pause of silence...

"Samantha LaRusso." Wren was up from her chair in a second, she knew Tory's voice anywhere. Wren darted from the classroom, everyone was too preoccupied to even notice her vanish from the room as Wren headed down the corridor towards the office. Towards Tory, her voice continued to echo as she did.

"You know what you did, and now you are going to pay for it." Tory's voice was smooth and calm, interlaced with what Wren recognised as anger, pure and undiluted. Whatever Sam had done, it wasn't good. Wren reached the office just as Tory finished her final words: "I'm coming for you, bitch." And she slammed the microphone back on the desk, turning around only to see Wren, standing breathless in the doorway.

"What the hell happened?" Wren asked her and Tory pursed her lips and walked past her, striding down the hallway, to where Wren could only guess to go find Sam. Wren kept in step beside her, "Tory, please tell me what's going on."

"Sam kissed Miguel." Wren stopped walking, Tory stopped to look over at her, the bell hadn't yet rung so the girls had about a minute before everyone flooded out of their class, "She needs to be taught a lesson, you in?" Tory stepped closer to Wren, trying to catch her eye since she was staring at a fixed spot on the floor.

Wren looked up at her, "Did it happen at the party?"

"Yeah, I saw them."

Wren felt like she had been hit by a brick. She never would have thought Miguel would do something like that... Sam? Maybe. But never to Robby. How could Sam do that to a boy who clearly loves her? And suddenly Wren suddenly felt like a fool.

Robby doesn't know.

Wren took a deep breath and felt her shoulders tense, Tory tipped her head forwards, as if trying to get Wren to listen.