Our World (Kaya)

Kaya's P.O.V

Y/N has never dealt with the spotlight before. She doesn't like being in front of cameras. In fact, she's always behind them or helping with hair and makeup.

Her hatred for attention is sort of how I met the love of my life. She was doing my makeup for The Scorch Trials. At first, she was nervous. Apparently, she had never done something like that before. Despite that she did a perfect job. She ended up doing it for most of the scenes, and we grew close. I got her number, and we hung out as often as we could.

After that I had to move away due to shooting a different movie. It didn't stop us from staying in contact though. When we reconnected in person we ended up officially being together. Now we share a house, a bed, and everything else a married couple would. After all, we don't need rings to show how much we mean to each other.

She's clearly a major part of my life, but I don't say her name or point her out. It has nothing to do with not wanting to show her off. When we're with our friends we're side by side or holding hands. It's the little things that truly matter.

When it comes to crowds it's a different story. The affection is so small you can't even tell it's there. From the beginning it was made clear nobody would know who she was.

That doesn't stop the curiosity though. That's why I was not at all surprised when one of the most basic questions in an interview came up.

"What about you Kaya? Are you seeing anyone?"The interviewer asked.

"Yes. We're actually celebrating our five year anniversary tomorrow,"I answered, glancing at her in the crowd. She shot me a small, almost unnoticeable smile. I noticed it though. I always do.

"Really? You know, you keep saying that, but we've never seen her. When will we get to meet this girl?"She asked.

"She doesn't like press so definitely not anytime soon,"I explained.

"You can't even give us a hint?"She pleaded.

I took another look at Y/N. When she noticed she grinned before making a subtle half heart with her hand. Even though I couldn't do it back she knew that I was internally doing the same thing.

"Well, she makes me happy. That's all I should probably share,"I admitted.

"At least tell us if she ever gets to show up for your events."

"She goes to every one she can. She's extremely supportive of me and my career,"I answered.

"But she's never in front of the camera. How does that work?"She questioned.

"What do you mean?"

"It just sounds like you guys are from two different worlds though. How do you make that work?"

We already knew how wrong that is. Just because the public doesn't see us doesn't mean we aren't without a doubt soulmates. Meeting her seemed like fate. Especially, when we met in person after almost a year and had those same feelings. That distance showed that we are meant for each other.

"That's because we aren't from two different worlds. We're only from one world."

"What world is that?"She asked as she eagerly held the microphone closer to me.

"We're from the one world that matters. Our world,"I clarified. As I did I couldn't help but look at her again. Her face was a bright red, but seeing how she still felt so happy and flustered to hear me say those things only proved my earlier point.

No matter what anyone says we will forever be soulmates.