Caring (Newt)

I didn't know where I was as terror flooded my veins. I was moving so fast I couldn't tell if it was up or down. The rough ride knocked me over. I vomited all over my clothes. Was I dead? Was I on my way to heaven or hell? Which one would I even go to if I can't remember anything?

Wait. Why can't I remember anything?

"Someone please get me out. Get me out. Hey! Get me out!"I started yelling, keeping myself still. I did my best not to cry. There had to be an end to this. I just had to wait. I just had to be patient, and this would all be over.

"Breathe. Just breathe,"I repeated, slowly turning my head to look for something that could help. As I did so the box stopped so quickly the metal sounded like it would all snap and send me falling to the ground, if there even was that, below me. It shook with a violent thud, throwing me in my stomach. My position caused my face to hit the cold bars. More bile made its way up my throat and onto my clothes.

"Don't grab her like usual Gally. I doubt that's going to be any help,"a voice commented. I looked up to see a bunch of teenage boys staring down at me.

"Yeah, but we have to get her out,"another boy, probably Gally, protested. He didn't say anything back. Instead, he hopped down with me.

His face twisted to concern as he looked at my face. I put a hand to it to feel something wet on my forehead. Blood.

"That's not good,"I mumbled to myself.

"I'd say not. Let's get you all cleaned up, love. You've had a rough start,"He stated, a bit of an accent I hadn't heard earlier showing.

"Maybe just a bit,"I responded, trying to keep a cool head. Wherever I was, even with no memory, I knew that I wasn't somewhere I could afford to be reckless.

I also knew this boy was the one to stay near while I was here.