Cab In A Solo (Newt)

Newt's P.O.V

My day was awful to say the least. From people losing their shucking minds because the Greenie was a girl, to Gally getting put in the slammer because he couldn't hold his tongue, I was more than ready for this day to be done. All I wanted was to have a nice, peaceful sleep next to my girlfriend. Then, I can start over tomorrow.

Mentally checked out, I headed past the gardens and near the kitchens where she worked. She would make this day better. She always does.

Feeling a small smile creep back on my face at just the thought of her, I was about to call her name as I turned a corner to where she should be.

When I spotted her though, that grin vanished in the fraction of a second. Standing in front of me was Y/N with her arms around Minho's neck. Right then and there my heart stopped beating.

"Newt?"She asked, pulling away and spotting me. Before either of them could come up with any excuses I shook my head before walking off.

Apparently, that didn't mean anything though. She chased after me with Minho following behind her.

"Newt, wait,"She called. I pretended not to hear and didn't slow my pace as I held back the tears stinging my eyes.

"Newt, you came at a bad time,"Minho defended.

"I'm sure I did,"I snapped.

"Listen to me love, we were just-"
"I don't want to hear it, okay? Go give your excuses to someone who wants them."

"Can you just hear me out?"She pleaded.

"No. I can't do this right now. Just leave me alone."

"If you just hear what we-"
"Didn't you hear me?! Leave me alone!"I repeated, glaring at her. She shrunk in her spot but didn't move. She just stood there staring at me.

"I'll-I'll give you a minute. Just come talk to me when you've calmed down,"She mumbled, turning away. I just walked towards my hut, trying not to show the ache in my chest.

It was an entirely different story when the door was shut though. I fell against the wall as the tears in my eyes finally escaped.

Your P.O.V

I know that it looked terrible. That's why I was trying to give Newt space. It's clear that he had had a rough day even before that so I had been doing as he said and waiting for him to calm down.

He never did though. He was avoiding Minho and I like the plague. If this went on for much longer I was going to lose my mind.

"It's been almost a week-"
"Five days,"I added.

"Exactly, and he hasn't said a word. You have to tell him the truth. If you don't he's never going to hear you out,"He pointed out.

"Minho, I said I would give him space-"
"If you don't do something this break you two are having will be a break-up. Plus, you have a better chance than me. I already already tried talking to him. Now it's your turn."

"What if it makes things worse?"I whispered.

"How could this get any worse?"

I just shrugged since I didn't have an actual answer for the question. He shot me a look that repeated his previous points.

"Fine. I'll try,"I sighed, standing up from the log.

"Tell me how it goes,"He yelled as I walked about. I didn't reply though. My heart was practically in my throat as I headed past the others to his hut. In my head I put together what I was going to say. I couldn't afford to mess this up. My relationship is on the line.

Walking up to his hut I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes. If I didn't everything that came out of my mouth would be as good as gibberish.

So as I kept trying to calm the nerves chorusing through my body, I felt my shoulders relax just enough to where I thought I would be able to do this.

Opening my eyes, I realized how very wrong I was. In the outline of his curtains were two figures. Not only that, but they were close. You didn't even have to squint to know they were locking lips.

When I saw the outline of a ponytail everything finally kicked in. Another girl has been here for less than a week, and he chose her over me. All because of a misunderstanding and a hug.

Then again it isn't just that. He very well could have heard me out or or just looked a little closer. He didn't though. Instead, he was kissing another girl. We hadn't even broken up. I was giving him the space he has requested, and this was what he did?

Except, now we aren't together. It's clear that I don't have to confront him about this anymore. If he wanted to get back at me for something I didn't do then fine. If I don't even deserve for him to properly say it then I won't either. Because I already know how he feels, and there's no coming back from this now. If he were to ever kiss me again I would know that he had chosen to kiss her without even trying to officially break things off. If he wrapped his arms around me I would know that he had wrapped them around her too.

He's hers now. I won't fight for someone to listen to me and prove they're willing to communicate with me before doing something like this.

Even if all my heart wants is him I refuse to beg for someone to choose me. He made a choice. Now he can live with that, and it seems like he's fine with it.

I guess I'll pretend I am too. I refuse to let anyone know that he had completely shattered my soul.

I held my breath to stop the sobs I knew were coming as I headed back down the hill. Minho expectantly looked up at me, and as I went to speak I felt a lump in my throat finally form.

"I think he might be fine with you,"I stuttered out.

"Y/N? What happened?"He asked, standing up.

"He doesn't care about me anymore so you two will be fine. You'll-you'll be fine."

"What do you mean?"

"It doesn't matter,"I uttered, going to push past him. Before I could he pulled me back and wrapped his arms around me. With my mind still being a mess and my heart still being crushed, I hugged back as tears fell.

To think that a hug was what started all of this was unreal. He had needed one though, and I knew it. Just like he knew it right now.

Even though I couldn't speak he knew I needed someone, and the person I would go to whenever I was in pain was now the cause of it. Platonic love is all I have because I don't have Newt anymore.

The end of us was unspoken, and that somehow only makes this unbearable hurt worse.