Chapter 40 Missing Girls Part 1

The next day.

You and Star were walking to school once again. You were struggling to get your tie right; that was happening often due to you not being able to tie your tie well. Star noticed and got in front of you.

Star: lemme fix that for you, Y/N. Just like this.

Star places her hands on the collar of your shirt and than fixes your tie. You smiled as she finally pulled your tie together.

Star: there you go, Y/N, does that feel better?

Y/N: it's just you fixing my tie. What's there to say?

Star smiles and gives you a hug. You hugged her back.

Y/N: Aw, you're being quite friendly today aren't you Star?

Star blushed, but still kept hugging you. You pay her back, but couldn't help, but feel that something was wrong.

Y/N: Star, is everything okay?

Star: yeah, I'm fine. I've just been missing you and going to school hasn't been the same without you coming along with me. It was totally unfair how they treated the situation.

Y/N: that's the school system sometimes. But don't worry; as long as I'm here with you, nothing bad will happen to you.

Star: I know, Y/N. Thank you so much.

Star was about to kiss you, but than you heard the 1st bell. Meaning that the school doors are now open.

Y/N: we should probably get to class before the warning bell.

Star: yeah, I know you're right. Are we still going to see Velma later today? She probably got some information we can use.

Star: Velma said something about it being ready in 48 hours, so perhaps by tomorrow morning

Y/N: good idea, Star. Now, let's get to school. Time is wasting.

Star: after these weeks of not being with you; I don't know how I'm gonna handle some people. Ever since what happened with blue berry and Taylor, things haven't been the same in our school. The school is divided in two.....I don't know where anyone stands anymore.

Y/N: we'll figure it out, Star. We always do.

Star: I know.

You and Star made it to the school court yard.

You and Star looked around and saw that the fountain working again. Star smiles as the water trickles gently and students walking pass.

Star: I missed seeing the fountain. I like how it sounds.

Y/N: better than a flag waving outside a school yard.

You and Star started to hold hand, but than heard a couple of footsteps behind you. You thought someone was gonna attack you, but you turned to see Tom. He was out of breath.

Y/N: whoa, Tom, calm down. Did you find something? What happened?

Star: Tom?

Tom was catching his breath. He look like he ran the mile or something. He finally caught his breath, than fixes himself up a bit.

Tom: have you two seen Janna anywhere? She didn't call me this morning nor text me; she always does. This is the 1st time she did this. I'm confused. I checked on her at her house, but her parents said she never made it home last night. I'm worried.