changes - six

a/n - please voteee

i look up from the table and see mom, both of us smiling. "finally," i joke, standing up, "how was the ride?" "good. the guy was very social," mom says, hugging me as she laughs, "how long have you been waiting? sorry, the traffic was a little bad." "oh, i basically just got us a seat," i say, pulling away. we sit opposite each other, starting to talk about anything and everything.

"it was a good game, though," i say, talking about the last game i played. "i'm sure it was if you were playing," mom smiles, "i'm glad you found your sport, y/n." "well there wasn't really any other options to try," i say, mom and i both chuckling, "but... me too. found my sport and people." mom and i laugh again as i raise my eyebrows twice at her. 

everything goes black as i wake up. i sit up, feeling my cheeks wet from tears streaming down my face as i breathe heavily, staring straight ahead.

i've never had a dream about her. god, it felt so real. my throat begins to tighten up, as if there was a band around it. my heart beats faster and faster, and it gets harder and harder to breathe.

i spend fifteen minutes pacing around my room, eventually settling down. i sit at the end of my bed, picking up my phone to check the time. almost 4am.

i text olivia through blurry eyes, pressing the palm of my hand on top of my heart as i press hard on it, trying to stop it from making it so hard to breathe.

'im npt goinh to school tomorrrow i canr take you im sprry'

i send the message, dropping my phone onto the bed as i place my shaky hands in front of my face, rubbing it.

olivia's pov
"thanks for driving me," i tell iris once she drops me off at y/n's house, "i'm gonna go check up on y/n now." "good luck," iris smiles nervously.

i take the key that mr garcia- jack, had given me in case i needed to get something from their house and they weren't home. i open the door, going in and locking it. i make my way upstairs, taking a deep breath as i knock on y/n's door. 

she doesn't respond after a few knocks, so i open it. i see a bump under y/n's blanket, so i walk over after placing my bag down beside hers. i sit at the side of her bed, moving the hair that stuck to y/n's cheek. my heart drops as i see her eyes were red and puffy, red nose, and cheeks. she keeps her eyes closed, but moves the blanket off the empty space. i take this as i sign to lay down, and i do, on my back.

y/n sighs, placing her hand on my far shoulder. i hold her waist as she shuffles on top of me, arms going around my neck. my arms go around her waist, hugging her tight as i close my eyes. "it's okay," i whisper, rubbing her back. i feel a tear slide down the side of my neck from y/n, and i try not to cry as i press my lips together.

i stare at the ceiling and rub y/n's back. thank god i came over. i could tell y/n needed this.

y/n talks after around an hour. "i'm sorry," is what she says. "don't be sorry," i say, "you don't need to be sorry." "i'm sorry i got angry at you yesterday," she says, "i didn't mean it. i'm sorry." that couldn't be the reason she was this upset, was it? "it's okay," i say, "i promise." 

y/n sighs, "i... mom was meant to meet me at a restaurant. she took the uber there," y/n says, "i was waiting there for so long. i had sent her so many texts." my heart drops. "what if she just took another uber home? what if i had just picked her up?" y/n whispers. "no, y/n. don't think that," i say, "it's not your fault." "i can't help but think it is," she says, "everything was meant to be okay, olivia." i take my hand off y/n as i rub my eye, getting the tears off.