detective - five

a/n - please voteeeee

1 week later
i walk downstairs, seeing y/n talking to my dad at the front door. "morning," i say, making y/n look at me. "morning," y/n smiles, "ready to go?" 

y/n opens the door to the cafe, letting me in. "thanks," i smile. "no problem," she walks in after me, the door closing.

"hey, y/n." i look up, seeing leah ambrose. another popular person. except, she was the opposite of y/n. pretty bitchy.

"hey," y/n says back, "are you having breakfast here?" "well, just waiting on a coffee," she says. y/n quickly moves into the booth as leah sits beside her. she looks at me, "hey." "hi," i respond. "enjoying breakfast?" she asks. "yeah," i nod. she looks at y/n, "i've heard that you and gracie broke up." 

shit. "yeah. we did," y/n says. "why?" she asks, rather impatiently. "just... didn't work," y/n very briefly says. "well duh," leah laughs, completely oblivious to the fact that y/n doesn't wanna talk about it. she looks at me, before looking at y/n, "moving on already?" y/n looks at me, looking at her almost empty plate, "nope."

i hear the barista call out a coffee for lead. thank god. "that's me," leah says, standing up, "alright, see you guys." "bye," y/n says. 

leah walks away, and i look at y/n. "are you okay?" i ask her. "yeah," y/n nods, "the girl has no awareness."

i chuckle, sliding out of the booth and sitting beside y/n. i pull my plate towards me. "we'll leave in..." y/n turns in her phone, and i smile at the wallpaper of her and connor, both smiling widely, "fifteen minutes." "sounds perfect," i say.

y/n yawns, and i look at her. "did you sleep okay?" i ask. "yeah, just woke up early," y/n says, "coincidence, because connor woke up around the same time." "cute," i smile, "not you- well, yeah, you- but, like, not weirdly. cute... as in him. and you, if you want." literally shut up.

y/n looks at me, bursting out laughing, "oh my god, you were panicking!" "i know!" i admit, laughing, "i didn't wanna make it seem like i was saying the wrong thing, but it turned out to be anyways, and i embarrassed myself." "it's okay," y/n sighs as she comes down from her laughter, "i get what you mean." "thanks," i smile at her. "i actually tried to teach connor to jump this morning. he's still a little young for it, but it was so funny watching him attempt to," she tells me. "wait, babies can't just jump?" i ask. "no," she laughs, "you have to teach them." "that's so cute," i laugh too, "what if they just never learn?" "well, it might come naturally," y/n says, "maybe we'll see. i'll never teach him to jump, we'll see how that turns out." "don't do that," i laugh, picking up my fork.

y/n's pov
i find myself looking at olivia as she laughs, keeping a smile on her face as she takes the last bite of her avocado toast. i've never really noticed her. but she was beautiful. i really loved hanging out with her, too.

"wait, shit," i realize, "do you have a ride home since i picked you up?" "well..." olivia thinks, "now that i think about it, i don't." "i'll take you home," i smile, "or... you can come to mine." olivia's eyes light up, "that sounds great! i get to see connor!"

olivia and i walk out of physics, and to my car. i drive home, and i park the car in the garage. "are your parents home?" olivia asks, unbuckling. "my mom should be," i say, "don't worry. you'll love her. she always loves you." "she knows about me?" olivia asks, smiling as we get out of the car. i lock it, "yeah, i talked about her to you when gracie and i broke up. only good things to say, i promise." 

we walk into the house, and i see mom in the kitchen with connor in the high chair. "hola, mamá," i say, olivia standing beside me. "hola, y/n. how was school?" she asks, looking at olivia and smiling widely. "good," i smile, "mom, this is olivia." "it's nice to meet you, mrs garcia," olivia giggles as mom's quick to hug her. "oh, you're as gorgeous as y/n says," mom says, hugging her tight as olivia laughs. my heart drops, "mom! liv, i didn't, like, worship you to my mom. i swear i just described her to you." "sure, y/n," olivia giggles, and they pull away.