Chapter 14: Orb of Evil

After defeating Brassius, Ash has moved up in the ranks of the World Coronation Series. Now, he needs to find another opponent that's higher in the ranks than him.

Nemona already couldn't shut up about Ash battling Geeta. Now she's amazed at defeating Brassius. "Ash, you're an amazing trainer!"

Ash couldn't help but smile. "Thanks, Nemona."

The Squid Sisters now wandered where they must go now. But right now, they were watching a streamer on Callie's Rotom phone.

Ash was now curious about what they were watching. "Hey, what are you guys watching?"

Callie shows Ash and Nemona her phone. "After I got my phone, I was playing around with it for anything fun. Then I found this streamer who does all sorts of things, her name is Iono."

Nemona flew her eyes open. "Did you say Iono?!"

"Do you know who she is?"

"Yes! Iono is another gym leader!"

"What?!"

Suddenly, Ash received a notification on his Rotom phone. It was a list of recommended trainers he gotten after beating Brassius, and sure enough, Iono is on the list. "Hey, Iono is in the World Coronation Series, too! And it says she's ranked 1252!"

"Wow, that's so high in the ranks, and I didn't know she was a gym leader."

"That settles it! I'm challenging Iono for my next battle!"

"So, you're planning on challenging Iono next." Said a voice from behind them.

"Brassius!"

"Iono is the gym leader of Levincia City. The quickest way to Levincia City is leaving through the north gate of Artazon. From there, you will need to cross the river to find the path that will lead to Levincia. If all goes well, you all should be there in no time."

"Alright! Let's go now!" As Ash tries to leave, he feels someone grabbing his backpack.

"What's the rush? You just won an official battle. Why not stay here for the night? After all, it's getting dark already, and the motel here in Artazon does make some of the best chocolate cake around."

"Ooh, chocolate cake?!" Callie said as she now realized she's getting hungry.

"I happen to have a coupon for a free night stay, so I might as well give it to you guys."

Ash was thrilled and happily accepted the coupon. "Thanks, Brassius."

"You all have a good evening now, I need to get back to my studio to finish some of my latest masterpieces." Brassius waves goodbye and heads back to the gym.

With Brassius gone, it was time for Nemona to be on her way as well. "Anyway, I should be heading back to the academy now."

Then, Ash is reminded of something he needs to ask Nemona. "Wait, Nemona. Before you go, we want to ask you if you know this strange trainer we met on our way here."

"Alright, what did he look like?"

"Well, he had green eyes, long blonde hair, and carries a big yellow backpack."

Soon, Nemona flew her eyes open. "Oh, that must have been Arven."

"Arven?"

Soon, they noticed it was getting darker outside, so Nemona had to leave immediately. "Sorry, but I got to get going now. If I'm late for tomorrow's assignment, the principal is definitely going to be in front of my face."

"Alright, I hope we see you soon."

With that, Nemona waves goodbye to everyone, making her way back to Mesagoza. Soon, Ash and the cousins make their way to the motel Brassius told them about. Maybe it was a good idea to sleep in a room on a warm, comfy bed instead of inside a tent two nights in a row.