Chapter 32: Dance or Crash

(New Sardine City, Inkadia Region)

Our heroes were on a train in Deepsea Metro, on their way to the city of New Sardine. They had just been in another confrontation with the Explorers.

The train finally stops, and C.Q. Cumber slids inside the car. "We have arrived at Station K07. New Sardine is just above."

"We're finally here!" Callie shouted as she ran outside, holding her new Mini Zapfish, Glowy.

After everyone gets off, C.Q. Cumber waves goodbye, and the doors close before the train starts moving. It soon disappears in a tunnel deep in the metro.

Soon, everyone sees a staircase that had to be the way to the surface. Everyone started walking a long way up, which lasted about two minutes, and stood in front of an old door that was rusted shut.

"I got this. Pikachu, Iron Tail!" Ash orders Pikachu to use Iron Tail to slam the door open. After a few swings, the whole door comes down, letting a lot of light to enter the room.

Everyone goes through to find themselves in old alleyway. When they walked out, they were met with the beautiful populated city of New Sardine.

"This is it! New Sardine!" Shouted Callie.

"Callie, since you've been here before, you know where the arena is?" Asked Marie.

"Oh yeah! It's this way, follow me!"

-----------------------------------------------

(Explorers HQ)

In a training field owned by the Explorers, Amethio had Ceruledge on the field, waiting for Hamber to face him. Cordelia and Coral stood on the side, curious of this battle.

"Wow, he seems more eager for a battle than usual." Said Coral.

"I mean, his Ceruledge got taken down easily by legendary Pokemon. Not to mention losing to a champion multiple times." Said Cordelia as she was playing with her ink weapon while she waited for the battle to start.

"I already taught you everything I know. Why battle again?" Asked Hamber.

"I know you can take me beyond that. I need power, and you're going to give it to me." Replied Amethio.

"Very well. Dusknoir!" Hamber sends out his ace, Dusknoir. "We're ready when you are."

"Ceruledge, Psycho Cut!"

------------------------------------------------

Inside the arena of New Sardine, the showcase was about to begin. The cousins managed to register on time and were ready to compete. Soon, an orange spotlight pointed at a jellyfish wearing a tuxedo that stood at the center of the stage.

"Greetings, everyone! Welcome to New Sardine's Dancing Showcase in the Superstar Showcase!" Said the jellyfish.

As the whole crowd cheers, Ash waves a glow stick while he holds Glowy for the cousins. "Yeah, this will be awesome!"

Both Pikachu and Zorua bounce in the seat they were sharing.

"Now, let's meet today's performers!" Soon, the jellyfish points to the group of idols that appeared on stage.

"There they are! Cheers for the one and only Squid Sisters!" Shouted Ash.

"All these girls are here because they at least completed the Rookie Class Showcase in Inkopolis."

Callie was wearing the crown they won in Inkopolis. She looked around and saw an idol from each group, also wearing the crown. Most of them only had the Emerald Token like her, but some had two or even three tokens on their crowns.