Chapter 33: Prize of Dominance

In the dressing room of New Sardine Arena, two Inkling idols wearing dark colored dresses watched on screen as Callie and Marie become the idols they will face in the finals. The first was named Dendra, known for her sassy opinions towards other idol groups. Then theirs, her sister Celeste, know for ideas of strategy and fashion that helps their band surpass all others. Together, their band was called the Urchin Gals.

Dendra watches the Squid Sisters win in the last moments of round two. "Celeste, it's them...."

"Do you mean the cousins that ruined our chances all those years ago...." Replied Celeste.

Both held a grudge on the cousins for beating them at the Youth Folk-Singing Contest. Both were in the lead, about to win first place. But, then came the last contestants of the contest, Callie and Marie. They sang a song that got the whole audience, even Dendra and Celeste were feeling something within them. The contest ended with the cousins winning first place, getting a trophy and a certificate. Both Dendra and Celeste were in raged when they saw them get interviewed by Shy-Ho-Shy and ultimately became their producer, starting the Squid Sisters band.

"Well, we won't let those non sisters steal our chances again. We'll be the ones to beat Bo and Raina and become the greatest stars in all of Inkadia."

-----------------------------------------------

Back in the main stage, the jellyfish in the tuxedo made his way up to the whole crowd. "Ladies and Gentlemen, the finals of Dancing Showcase are about to begin!"

Ash sat with his Pokemon as he waited for the cousins to reappear on stage. "The final match is about to begin! I wonder what it will be?"

Suddenly, Ash sees Gabe and Hallie approaching them.

"Did we make it?!" Gabe said as he was catching his breath.

"Wow! I didn't think you guys actually showed up!" Said Ash.

"Yep. We got everything in the metro taken care of and informed Cuttlefish of what went down. Did Callie and Marie make it to the finals?" Asked Hallie.

"Yeah! They're on stage right now!"

"It's time to see our performers for the final match!" The jellyfish shouted as the idols appeared on stage. "On our left side, the greatest stars of Inkopolis, the Squid Sisters!"

The cousins waved as the whole audience cheered for them.

"Callie! Marie! Show them who you really are!" Ash shouted as we waved his glow stick.

The jellyfish then points to his right. "And on our right, a competitive duo with three gem tokens on their belt, the Urchin Gals!"

The Urchin Gals wave, as well as the audience, cheered. However, they had their attention glued to the Squid Sisters.

"Now, you're all probably wondering what competitive challenge we'll give these girls. Time to show you?" Shouted the jellyfish as a large battlefield appeared from below the stage, and in the center was a large tower. "We're playing Tower Control!"

The whole crowd shouted at what was about to happen.

"A rank challenge?! This should be interesting!" Shouted Gabe.

"Now, you all probably want to know how this match of Tower Control is different from the normal game of Tower Control you're all used to. If you pay attention to the line, you'll notice the path is shaped like a star." Said the jellyfish.

Everyone examined the field, and sure enough, the path of the tower was shaped like a star.

"Each team does not have a separate goal. Instead, each team must guide the tower to the opposite ends of the same goal. The match will start on the top point of the star, the Urchin Gals must guide the tower around clockwise, and the Squid Sisters must do it counterclockwise. Whatever team gets past all four checkpoints and completes a whole lap back to the starting point will be the winner! Oh! And one more thing!" The jellyfish shouted as he took at a controller and pressed a button.