Chapter 6: A Rescue from Friendship

It was the break of dawn, the S.S. Harland was sitting in the middle of a forest. In one of the dorm rooms, Callie woke up. She barely got any sleep last night. All she can think about was Marie. Those people were after her, and she didn't know why. Who were those people? Why did all this happen? Why did they take Marie? These were questions that filled her head. She soon got up, put on her casual clothes, and walked out the door.

"Callie, good morning. Are you feeling okay?" Gabe said as he greeted her.

She didn't say a word. Her sad expression didn't change.

He looked at her and looked concerned. He knows she's been through a lot lately, and what happened last night had definitely scared her. "Listen, I talked with that human woman. What's her name? Oh, Cynthia. She said she'll do everything she can to help get Marie back."

With that, he left to check on everyone else, leaving Callie alone. Callie stood there for a couple of minutes. After collecting her thoughts, she went outside to find everyone else.

"Dang, and we just had this thing repaired." Said Steven as he examined the busted wing.

"Hey Steven, one of those Inkling kids said they'd called someone who might help with the busted wing." Said Gary.

Within a couple of seconds, a minivan pulls up in front of the ship. The doors opened, revealing to be Pearl and Marina, with Captain Cuttlefish coming from the back.

"OMG! What is this masterpiece I'm looking at!" Marina said in excitement as she's observing the ship.

"Come down, girl." Pearl said in embarrassment, knowing Marina's a nerd for technology and stuff.

Soon, Captain Cuttlefish stands out looking for Callie. "Where's my granddaughter." He demanded.

"Oh, hi grandpa." Callie said hesitantly.

"What happened? Where's Marie?"

"She was taken by these bad people. I don't know who they are, but they were actually targeting me."

"What?!"

"They tried everything to capture me, but they ended up getting Marie instead."

"What are you all planning now?"

"You might want to ask the humans on the ship."

"Humans? Well, this might be interesting." He said as he went on board the ship.

Callie stood there, lost in her thoughts again. Then, something popped up in her head. "I wonder if Ash is having the same feelings as me?"

------------------------------------------------

In an abandoned facility, the explorers were camping out planning their next move. In one of the storage chambers, Marie and Pikachu were locked inside with no chance of escape. For an hour now, Pikachu has been trying to knock down the doors with iron tail, but the doors are thick and made out of steel. All they could do was peep out the little window in one of the doors.

"Hey! Can you at least give us something to do here!" Marie said angered.

"Quiet you!" Shouted one of the inklings guarding the door.

In return, Marie stook her tongue out as a mockery.

"Why you!"

Soon, Cordelia approached the two inklings. "Chill out. It will all be worth it soon."

"I hope so. This girl is so annoying." While talking, Marie continues to do mockery expressions at the window.

"Just keep your eye on them." She said and walked away to meet with Amethio and Coral. "The green one is irritating the guards."