Chapter 21: Museum Takeover

The alarm bells were ringing all over the institute. An explosion occurred somewhere on the other side of the building.

All the children were screaming or crying in fear, and the cousins were doing everything they could to calm them down.

"We need to get out of here!!!!!!" Shouted Ash.

The cousins were shouting for the children to follow them to the exit, and they did so with no problem. Outside, there are people all over the area, all wondering who or what had done this.

"Let's get them on the bus so they can get out of here safely."

"Great idea, Ash! But let's do roll call first to make sure they're all here!" Callie started checking the list and calling for the children to make sure they're all here. When she was finished, the panic set in at full volume. "We're missing two of them!!!!!!!"

"They must have run away when the blast occurred. I'll go back in and -"

"I'll go in!!!!!!" Marie suggested. "The children were technically our responsibility, so at least let me go to get them!"

As she was about to go in, Callie grabbed her by the hand. "Let me go too! They were my responsibility as well! It's better if we go in together!"

Marie took a second to think about this. She didn't want to lose her cousin again, as she was afraid it would be for good this time. But she relents. "Alright. Ash, you alright watching the children!"

Ash gave a thumbs up. "Me and Pikachu will be right here watching them!"

Both of the cousins smiled and headed back to the entrance.

A police officer, who was a jellyfish, was securing the area to make sure everyone had evacuated. He sees the cousins approach him and stops them. "I'm sorry, but no one can go in there."

"But there are children in there! Let us go inside and get them out!" Shouted Marie.

The officer looked concerned about this but couldn't help but worry about the children that might be in there. "Alright, you may go inside. But backup isn't coming until ten minutes, so until then, you're on your own."

"Thank you!"

With that, the cousins enter the building to find the children, unaware who else is in there.

-----------------------------------------------

Inside the institute, a team of Inklings and Octolings are standing on a pile of rubble where a wall once stood. They were led a single Octoling commander named Nathaniel.

"Sir! What are your next orders!" Shouted one of the Inkling soldiers.

Nathaniel looked around the area, then spoke on their plan. "We will split up and look for the Blank Orb. Look in every exhibit. It's definitely here, no doubt."

"Yes, sir!" Shouted the troops, then they all split up in different directions to look for the orb.

"I'll find the orb myself before HQ decides to send out her."

------------------------------------------------

Near the entrance, the cousins have got back inside the institute, looking for children.

"Alright, Callie, let's think carefully about this. Where could kids run off if they got scared like that?" Said Marie.

"If I were a child, I would go to the restroom or the gift shop." Suggested Callie.

"Great suggestions, Callie..... But I don't see where else they could go other than the dozens of exhibits in this place. Alright, you look at the gift shop, I'll check the restrooms."