Chapter 42: Bede's Message to Rose

(Circhester, Galar Region)

Outside of Circhester Stadium, a flying taxi arrives, and Ash and the Squid Sisters step out to the snowy scenery of Circhester.

"Here we are! Circhester Stadium!" Shouted Ash.

"Looks like the one in Ballonlea, but light blue." Said Marie.

Sure enough, the stadium was light blue rather than gray, signifying what Gordie told Ash in Paldea. That the Circhester Gym now specializes in ice types after Melony took over.

Soon, Melony approaches Ash. "Hey, Ash! You came just in time! The stadium is packed with people to see you and Bede battle!"

"Melony! So, are battle is about to begin?! Then I got to get going quick!" Ash then runs inside the gym, quickly making his way to the field.

"Good luck with your battle, Ash!" Shouted Gloria.

"We'll be cheering you on!" Shouted Hop.

----------------------------------------------

In a locker room, Bede was looking himself in a mirror. Today, he was about to face Ash in the World Coronation Series. The boy that really brought him out of his shell of despair.

"Ash is here, you prepared?" Melony said as she walked in.

"I haven't seen him face to face since the incident with Chairman Rose." Said Bede.

"Got a lot of things in your mind, don't you?" Just remember why you're doing this, and you'll feel more confidence in no time."

"You're right. I have to remind myself who I am and why I want this."

-----------------------------------------------

In the battlefield, the gym was packed with people. The cousins found a great spot to sit in the second row up front.

"Wow, there's lots of people!" Said Callie.

"Yep, that's how many people usually come to see a gym battle here in Galar." Said Hop.

"No doubt this battle is going to be a big one." Marie said as she held Glowy.

In the observation booth, the spectator spoke on his mic. "Welcome everyone to a Great Class Battle in the World Coronation Series, a competition to decide the strongest trainer. We definitely have many people watching today. Even our Elite Four are here to observe the battle."

Sure enough, Gordie, Allister, Klara, and Avery are watching in VIP seats in the front row.

"Now, let's look at today's competitors."

Ash is the first to enter the battlefield.

"Presently ranked 751, an unpredictable trainer who faced all eight of our gym leaders and became the new Galar Champion for a short time. He defeated Paldean Gym Leaders, Brassius, Iono, and Kofu to get here. Coming from the Kanto Region, our former Galarian Champion, Ash Ketchum!"

"There he is!" Shouted Callie.

"Go, Ash!" Gloria shouted.

Soon, Bede makes his entry from the other side of the field.

The spectator speaks once more. "Next, currently ranked 624, a trainer who's full of mysteries. A former gym challenger endorsed by Chairman Rose and has worked his way up the ranks. He defeated fellow Gym Leaders, Kabu, Bea, Marnie, and Raihan to get here. The Ballonlea Gym Leader, Bede!"

"So that's Bede?" Asked Marie.

"Yeah, one who has worked very hard both now and during Ash's journey in Galar. Despite being good rivals now, they actually had a rough history."