Chapter 2: The Day of Wonder

After a little breakfast, the cousins arrived at Off The Hook's studio.

"Hey, hey, hey! Here comes the best cousins in Inkadia!" Said Pearl as complement.

"Oh, come on, you don't need to say that." Marie responded.

"But it's my way of greeting people. Anyways, Marina is in the other room, so you might want to talk to her about what she wants you to sing on our performance today."

So with that, the cousins headed to the other where Marina was waiting for them.

"Good, you guys made it." Marina said as she greeted them.

"It's great to be here, anyways what are we supposed to do at your performance today?" Asked Callie.

"Near the midway point of our performance, we like to invite you on stage as our guests to show Inkopolis, who would continue entertaining people while we're gone. It will be the great comeback of the Squid Sisters after more than a year on hiatus."

"That sounds great, but what do we do specifically?" Asked Marie.

"I prepared a mixture of both of your solos that you will sing before all four of us take the stage to make our final bow."

When she mentioned that they would sing parts of their solos, it made Callie feel anxious. The last time she sang her solo was when she was forced to by Octavio while under his control.

"So, you think you two can do it?" Asked Marina.

"Heck yeah, we can.' Said Marie cheerfully.

"Yeah, I guess..." Callie answered hesitantly.

Marie noticed it and put her on alert.

"Callie, are you sure you're alright doing this?" She asked.

"Yeah, I was just surprised that it will be our solos, and not something like Ink Me Up, City of Color, or even the Calamari Inkantation."

"Okay then, let's get ready." Said Marie, looking worried.

"Great! I'll get the stage and my equipment ready for the best effects." Said Marina cheerfully.

"Yo! Rina! Are they doing it! Yelled Pearl from the other room."

"Yup." Answered Marina.

There was no turning back for Callie. She felt nervous, but she didn't want to let everyone down. As they left the room to get ready, everyone soon had their attention on the little TV sat there for guests and saw what Pearl was watching.

"I'm here reporting from New Sardine's arena center where Bo and Raina of Octoprism has claimed another win in the Superstar Showcase. Right now, they are about to exit the center where they will be on their way back to Octopia to practice for the Master Class Showcase." A reporter announced.

"Look! There they are now!" Yelled another reporter.

Soon, Bo and Raina were seen on camera while surrounded by countless reporters asking questions. Within minutes, their limo arrived, and they were gone.

"Psst, they've won the Master Class Showcase for four years, and I still don't see what the fuss is about." Said Pearl looking irritated.

"Pearl! Bo and Raina are the most popular and talented stars in all of Inkadia, so upcourse it's a big deal." Commented Marina. "What do you two thing of them?" Asking Callie and Marie.

"Well, we've been watching them not long after we became idols ourselves, and we really enjoyed watching the Superstar Showcase." Said Callie.

"Yeah, I'm surprised that them first entering the Superstar Showcase four years ago ended up turning the Showcase into a big deal." Said Marie.