Chapter 9: Welcome to Paldea

(South Province River, Paldea Region)

It was the break of dawn, after a wild journey at sea, and making new friends, the crew had arrived at the Paldea Region. They dock the ship at a ship repair center where ships were made or repaired.

"Alright, everyone, we finally arrived at the Paldea Region." Announced Cynthia.

"Aright! A new region!" Shouted Ash as this is his first time in Paldea.

"Wow, I can't believe we're in a completely different region." Said Callie, as she and Marie were the first Inklings to step outside of Inkadia.

Everyone was rushing to get off the ship to step foot on this new region. But Cynthia wanted to give something to Ash before he left for his new journey. "Ash, wait! There's something I want to give you!"

Likely, Ash heard her and stopped before he became out of reach. "Yeah, Cynthia?"

"Take these."

Ash was handed what appears to be three tickets. But for what? "Cynthia, what are these for?"

"Those are tickets for an official World Coronation Series match at
Mesagoza Hill Stadium."

"Really?! How did you get these?!"

"That is a secret, but all I can tell you is that I am given one every week. So how about you and the Squid Sisters go see a match."

"Awesome! Thanks, Cynthia! Thank you for everything you've done for us!"

"You're welcome. Now go on your journey."

With that, Ash says a final goodbye to the champion and catches up with Gary and the Squid Sisters. It was now time to start his journey in Paldea. He soon caught up to them on the front gates of Mesagoza City in Area Three. Everyone was now standing in front of a huge archway.

"Alright, everyone, are you ready to enter Mesagoza City?" Gary asked everyone.

Without hesitation, Callie and Ash ran through the archway.

Gary was annoyed that they sped up ahead of them. He's wondering why everyone keeps running off like that and leaving him behind.

"Wow! This city is so big!" Yelled out Ash.

The city was filled with shops and stands for people's entertainment. There are colors everywhere, with many plants to go with it. Not to mention the many people and Pokemon walking around.

"Hey, look! Ice Cream!" Callie shouted as she spotted an ice cream stand and ran to it.

Ash follows as he too is eager for some ice cream and also to pay for it as no way Callie had currency that is acceptable in other regions besides Inkadia.

"Yummy!" Callie squealed as she was eating a two scope chocolate ice cream cone.

Ash got one scoop of vanilla. "Wow, this is some of the best ice cream I've tasted."

"Yep, if there's one thing that gets Callie hyped, it's ice cream." Marie said, knowing her cousin.

"I want to look at the shops next!" Callie shouted as she ran to the plaza.

Everyone soon followed her to the main plaza. Sure enough, there were shops everywhere.

"OMG! Pearl and Marina will definitely like this! Let me take some pictures!" But then she remembered she gave her phone to Marina. Without her phone, she can't take pictures of her travels and share them with her friends. She can't even call Marie in case of an emergency.