Chapter 19: From a Game to a War

It was now the wake of night in Inkopolis Square, and activity has increased significantly for Splatfest. Inklings and Octolings who aren't participating are throwing some of the wildest parties around the city for the start of this year's Splatfest season. The ones who are participating are getting ready for the intense battles ahead of them.

Our heroes were now at Starfish Mainstage, awaiting for Octophones and his team to arrive. They came up with a plan to beat them.

Ash was still feeling uneasy about this. "Are you sure we can beat him? We couldn't even beat you."

Army stepped forward and turned to the group. "Of course, the point of the training was to see what you all are capable of. To outsmart him because Octophones is always learning from his past battles. Facing him with strategies that he's never seen before will be the key to victory."

"Yeah, but..."

"Besides, Callie told me that you train your little friends with all sorts of out of the box moves. You just need to do that for yourself."

"I get it, I need to be the Pokemon. All the training I give them, I need to use it myself."

Ash, now with more confidence, makes his way to Starfish Mainstage, and everyone follows. As they did so, they had no idea the Octoling Elite Sisters were right behind them.

"We came here to steal all the Zapfishes that will be used to power all the lights for Splatfest, and we end up finding the stars that ruined life for us." Said Rachel.

"We may have been ordered to investigate more on the Explorers, but the DJ didn't officially call off our last mission to destroy the Squid Sisters, didn't he." Said Hassel.

"Let's do so for the DJ to be proud of us." Said Sarah.

The Octoling Elites had everything planned out. They soon snuck into Starfish Mainstage to put their plan into motion.

----------------------------------------------

Everywhere around the field, a group of Zapfishes are powering all the beautiful lights of the field.

In the middle of the stage, Octophones and his team had been waiting for them. As soon as they arrived, Octophones gave everyone a menacing glare. "So, you all decided to show after all."

"Of course! I'm the kind of person who never backs out of a challenge!" Ash said with a grin on his face.

"And I'm here to prove that I'm not afraid of any of you!" Shouted Callie.

"Interesting..." Octophones said menacingly.

Soon, the Splatfest referee, which was a jellyfish, stood on the side of the field. "Alright! Everyone to your positions!"

Everyone did so in seconds, and both teams just stared at each other.

"Prepare not to lay hands on in Ink Weapon ever again." Octophones said, looking at Ash, Callie, Marie, and even Corey.

"Will see who's the real outcast will be..." Marie whispered to herself.

Soon, the referee gave the signal to start the match. "Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*Till Depth Do Us Part Plays in Background*

With that, both teams ran off from their starting points and started painting away. Octophones and his team were splatting the field with their blue ink, Ash, Corey, and the cousins were inking the field with yellow ink.