Chapter 7: An Inkadia Experience

After escaping the Explorers, the gang had made back to the S.S. Harland. As soon as they were able to catch their breaths, it soon turned into a scene of emotions as best friends were reunited.

"Marie.....I......" Callie was having trouble saying anything.

"It's alright, Callie. I'm here now." Marie said as she gave Callie a hug.

Soon, Callie began to sob. They fell to their knees to let out their emotions. "I'm sorry.......Marie......I let....this...happen."

"Callie, I told you before that there's nothing to apologize for." Marie said as she padded Callie's back to calm her down.

As they were having a moment, Ash and Pikachu were having a moment of their own. "Oh, Pikachu, I'm so sorry for letting this happen to you."

Pikachu continues to enjoy the warmth as Ash's hug. Soon, Pikachu saw a tear come down, so he wiped off for Ash.

"Thank you, I promise I won't let them take you again." Ash said as another tear came down. He soon began to rub his cheeks with his own, then.....

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Screamed Ash as he was being electrocuted by Pikachu. Pikachu felt embarrassed for doing that, but that feeling went away as he felt Ash's hand patting him. "It's okay. Being electrocuted by your Thunderbolt really lightens my mood."

Everyone around did feel a little emotional at the scene in front of them. Like they are all touched by the strong bond these duos have. The only problem they would have to worry about now is the damage on the ship.

"Hey Cynthia, now that this problem has been taken care of, how long will the repairs on the ship take." Gary wondered as he now focused his attention on the busted wing.

"Oh yeah, it will take almost a whole day to patch the wing. At least for a temporary repair until we can take it to my friend in Paldea."

"So what do we do for the time being."

"I mean, we discovered a whole new land. Might as well see its wonders."

"Oh yeah! We would love to show you around Inkopolis and offer you a fun time, as a thank you for helping us from those Explorers." Callie said as she was really appreciative of everything these people had done for her.

"Alright! Let's have the time of our lives!" Ash said happily, ready to have some fun with his best buddy.

------------------------------------------------

In the alleyway where the Inklings and humans first met, the Octoling Elites and Team Rocket were just staring at each other. They may have teamed up against the Explorers, but that doesn't mean their friends now.

"So, what are you people supposed to be anyways?" Asked James.

"We consist mostly of Inklings and Octolings like ourselves. What about you? By the looks of it, your humans." Said Rachel.

"Of course we're humans, we're Team Rocket, and we wish to conquer this world in our boss's wishes." Said Jessie.

"Funny, that's what we're doing for our boss." Said Hassel.

"Now, now, let's not start a fight here." Said Meowth as he's trying to play peacekeeper.

"Yeah, are we all not going to talk about that group that attacked us and our enemies." Said Sarah.

"Before getting back to our business, we should inform our bosses of those people that call themselves the Explorers."

With that, they decide to put their differences aside and focus more on their situation with the Explorers.