Chapter 13: Ash Versus an Artist

After meeting Quaxly, Ash and the Squid Sisters are nearing Artazon Town. While they were approaching the gates, Callie took the deliberately to fix the messed up hair Quaxly had.

"There! You look much better!" She pulls up a mirror to show Quaxly her work.

Quaxly took a look at itself in the mirror, and it was thrilled. But he soon was about to get more excited for what's about to go down soon.

After a few more steps, the gang finally arrived in Artazon Town. They looked around and noticed this town is filled with gardens and flowers everywhere. They also noticed art sculptures scattered in different parts of the town.

Ash decides to check the map on his Rotom phone to see where the gym is at. "Let's see, the gym should be right over there."

As they neared the gym, they could already see a battle was taking place. On one side of the field, they see what had to be Brassius. Which means they are witnessing a gym battle.

"Sudowoodo! Use Rock Throw!" Sudowoodo launches a parade of boulders at the opposing Pokemon, knocking it out. "It appears I have claimed victory."

The trainer he battled looked disappointed for losing but was still thrilled for battling him. He tried to thank Brassius for the battle, but he was already walking away to his studio.

Ash watched as he walked past him and the cousins, acting like he didn't even notice them. "Wait, that's Brassius? Man, he looked so down."

"Yeah, he's been feeling a bit down recently." Said a voice from behind them, revealing to be Nemona.

"Nemona!"

Callie was thrilled to see her again. "Hi, Nemona!"

Nemona looked at them with a worried glare. "It's good to see you all again."

Ash wanders why Brassius had a frown of disappointment, and it seems Nemona knows. "So Nemona, you know why Brassius looks under the weather."

"The truth is, he submitted one of his sculptures to an art critic in hopes it lands in Lumiose City's museum in the Kalos Region."

"What happened?"

"It got rejected. Ever since then, he's been struggling to create any kind of artwork like the ones you see around town. He also doesn't seem proud of his duties at the gym."

Everything Nemona said definitely reflects on all of Callie's problems. To see someone loose their talent over a bad moment, she just had to do something. "Everyone! Let's all do something to turn his frown upside down!"

"Callie, I agree with you, but what can we do about it?" Asked Marie.

Luckily, Nemona had a clue on what they might do. "Well, all the children in town had been collecting Sunflora to help cheer him up. Since Sunflora represents the sun, in other words, light and happiness, the children believe if they collect enough, then maybe he'll smile again. But so far, it doesn't seem to be working no matter how many they bring."

Ash thought for a minute. If Sunflora can bring happiness, then maybe they should use Sunflora in a certain way to cheer him up. Soon, an idea popped into his head. "I got it! Since Brassius is an artist, why not create artwork related to Sunflora, then show it to him!"

"That's actually not a bad idea. The arts and crafts shop is over there, so why not create Sunflora art there."

"Yeah! I want to show some of my art skills to an actual artist!" Callie said in excitement.

With that, everyone made their way to the arts and crafts shop. Once inside, the owner of the shop greeted everyone with everything they had to offer. "Welcome, everyone. Feel free to use our art studio to create your own art."