Venus and Gally = Catherine and Heathcliff

I'm not sure what time I open the door to my hut, but I know it's extremely late. Everyone's fast asleep by now, but as I lay down, I can't help but feel wide awake. 

The blankets are draped over me, but I feel so cold. I cross my arms over my body and bring my legs up, trying desperately to find some warmth, but I can't seem to. I roll over, a tear trickling down my cheek.

Gally's not here. 

I thought I'd cried all my tears, but a fresh river of tears begins to flow from my eyes. I don't even bother to quiet my sobs. Nobody's gonna hear me anyways. They're all asleep. 

"Oh God." I whisper, tightening my arms around my stomach. I close my eyes as pain sweeps over me, blanketing my body. 

Something inside of me is broken. 

My hands are shaking and my tears are falling and my body is trembling. I can't seem to pull myself together. Every time I try, a fresh wave of pain fills my body, bringing with it more tears.

I don't want to do this anymore. 

I'm just a kid. I shouldn't have to live like this. I shouldn't have to see my friends be crushed between walls or be sent out into the Maze to die alone. I shouldn't have to live a life like this. This shouldn't be what we consider normal.

I can't do this anymore. 

Everything inside of me is broken.

I hear the door open and feel a presence beside me. Someone kisses my forehead before climbing into bed beside me and wrapping their arms around me. 

And suddenly, it's as if a piece inside of me isn't so broken. It's a little fractured and bruised, but now that Gally's here and holding me in his arms, a part of me feels okay again.

I take a deep, shaky breath, forcing myself to calm down. I eventually stop crying, my small sniffles and Gally's whispers being the only two sounds in the room. 

He pulls away from me just slightly, running his thumb across my cheek and brushing away a small tear that fell from my the corner of my eye.

"You'll be okay, darling. Everything will be okay." He whispers. I lean my head into his hand, pressing a kiss to his palm. Gally gives me a small smile, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. 

We lay next to each other in silence, his thumb still grazing my cheek.

"How am I supposed to keep on going?" I ask, my voice shaking slightly. Gally's eyes soften and he presses another kiss to my forehead before resting his forehead against mine.

"What do you mean, Ven?" He asks softly.

"Everything's falling apart. It's all so fucked up and I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know how to fix it." My voice is barely above a whisper, but from the pained expression in Gally's face, I can tell that he heard me. "I'm losing everyone." I whisper, my voice cracking.

Gally shakes his head, bringing my hand to his lips and pressing light kisses to the skin. He rests his cheek against my hand, holding it tightly in one of his.

"Not everyone." He whispers, pressing another long kiss to my hand. I look at him, the tiniest hint of a smile on my face. A glimmer of hope shines in my eyes as I admire Gally. I guess I haven't lost him.

I press a gentle kiss to his lips, placing my hand on the back of his neck. When we pull away, my face hovers over his. I don't bother to look away. I can't help but admire how beautiful he is.

Gally slowly sits up, me following suite. He takes off his shirt, throwing it onto the ground. I look at his scars in the moonlight, running my fingers delicately over them. I can feel his eyes on me as I skim my fingers over the raised cigar burns.

"You're perfect, Gally." I say softly. I skim my fingers across the scars of his back, running my hands over his past. I make sure to linger over the especially raised scars, knowing that those are the ones that cut the deepest. 

He gives me a sad smile, pulling me in for another kiss. It's short and sweet, but it's filled with a passion that none of our previous kisses have had. His hands are desperately cupping my face in a way that tells me that he doesn't want to let me go. The very thought of it brings butterflies to my stomach.

Gally and I lay down facing each other, wrapped in each other's embraces still. It's quiet for a minute between us as we stare at each other, my thumb running over his cheek and him messing with my hair.

"I'm yours, Ven." He says softly into the silence, his sapphire eyes staring into mine. "Every fiber of my being and bone in my body is yours. Every beat of my heart and thought in my mind belongs solely to you. You have no idea what it's like to be around you; to be so hopelessly and desperately bewitched by you. I would ruin myself a million little times for you if that's what you wanted. You consume my body and mind in ways that I can't even comprehend. You're the kindest, most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me, darling."

I feel my face burning when he finishes talking. I've never heard him say anything like this before. I don't know how to respond. Whatever I say wouldn't even come close to what he just told me. I'm at a genuine loss for words.

"I'm yours too, Gally. No matter what happens, I'll choose you. I will always choose you. You're more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are the same. I'm yours, my love. I'll always be yours."

I stare into his eyes that resemble those sapphire stones that I love so much. His freckles dotting his skin like constellations in the night sky. His soul is beautiful and delicate as a flower. I could stare at him forever.

 But as I look closer, I see that his eyes are like rain. His freckles are the early morning dew on the grass and leaves. His soul is as vast and deep as the ocean. I don't mind drowning in him.

We both smile, pressing our lips together in the light of the moon streaming through the small window. I run my hands up and down Gally's chest and he holds me as close as his possibly can, one arm wrapped around my waist and the other cradling my neck.

Slowly, very slowly, we detach our lips, laying down. I wrap my arms around Gally's torso, draping my leg over his and resting my head on his chest. He holds my body tightly in his arms, his fingers toying with my hair softly.

I lay wrapped in his embrace with a smile on my face, the worries of the world forgotten. When he holds me like this, everything feels okay. He has that effect on me. 

He's a little damaged. A little messy. A little scarred. A little ruined. He's a beautiful disaster. 

Just like me.