Chapter 25: The days of eating and drinking are over

The beta staff in the research room lowered their heads and were nervously sorting out the data they had just extracted. A series of data scrolled on the huge screen that was coming towards them.

"Your Majesty the Duke." A researcher greeted Qiao Zhuo.

Qiao Zhuo looked at him with a pair of peach blossom eyes, and the omega's rose pheromones were floating in the air.

The researcher had never felt that it was a pity that he, as a beta, could not smell pheromones, but at this moment when he saw Qiao Zhuo, this regretful thought arose uncontrollably.

Fortunately, Qiao Zhuo is a duke with a distinguished status, otherwise his appearance would have been frantically competed for by the strong alphas.

The researcher stepped forward and introduced, his voice trembling uncontrollably under Qiao Zhuo's gaze, "This is the database for extracting pheromones. We integrate the pheromone samples voluntarily donated by residents, and then match them in the database. Finally, we can find To find the object that matches him the most, currently the data calculation still requires human intervention, but we believe that this technology will become more and more mature in the near future."

Qiao Zhuo asked coldly with his arms crossed: "The matching can only be done in the database ?"

Before answering, the researcher glanced at Chu Xiu, then nodded and explained: "This technology is still in the research and development stage, and the number of residents who voluntarily donate pheromones is not yet large."

Voluntary donation?

Qiao Zhuo turned to look at Chu Xiu, raised his eyebrows and asked, "Has the Marshal's pheromone data also been included?"

As the leader of the project, Chu Xiu and his troops certainly collected pheromones collectively at the beginning. .

Seeing Chu Xiu nodding as expected, Qiao Zhuo smiled like a schadenfreude: "So the marshal already has the test results?"

Chu Xiu had a research attitude on the matter and let the staff speak directly without any concealment.

"The Marshal's pheromone level is too high, and so far there is no omega resident with a matching score of more than 20%," the researcher explained.

Qiao Zhuo raised his chin slightly in disappointment, and said with a click of his tongue: "It's really a pity, isn't it? Marshal."

Chu Xiu didn't answer Qiao Zhuo's words, and changed the topic and suggested: "I think this kind of thing will be helpful to the residents, and the Duke will also do it." I want to give it a try."

Qiao Zhuo glared at him, "You really dare to let me test the pheromone match with a group of poor alphas?"

Chu Xiu said calmly: "Many princes and nobles in the empire have also collected their pheromones."

Qiao Zhuo asked doubtfully: "The two princes also participated?"

The researcher led Qiao Zhuo to the extraction room at Chu Xiu's signal. Hearing this, he replied respectfully: "Yes, the second prince came in a hurry this morning to extract I got the pheromones."

After entering the extraction room, Qiao Zhuo reluctantly sat on the soft chair.

"Your Majesty the Duke, I need you to expose the back of your neck."

Qiao Zhuo followed the slutty character and opened his collar nonchalantly. The white back of his neck was even more delicate under the light, making everyone who saw it want to get in and take a look at Qiao Zhuo. Is your whole body so white?

"Is that okay?" Qiao Zhuo glanced sideways at the staff.

Beta nodded tremblingly, "Yes, yes, Duke."

Chu Xiu stood behind Qiao Zhuo and had a clear view, curling his fingers around his side and stroking gently, his eyes filled with emotion.

The extraction process is not painful, it feels like a mosquito bite, but it takes longer. Considering that the person in front of him was the Duke of the Empire, the researcher's subordinates did not know how many times they were gentler.

But even so, Qiao Zhuo still used the topic to say to Chu Xiu: "It hurts very much, come here and let me bite it." Upon

hearing the sound, the beta researcher raised his head and glanced at Chu Xiu, thinking that this marshal, who has always been ruthless, should He will not bow down to power...

The next second, Chu Xiu didn't even hesitate. He took a small step forward and stood beside Qiao Zhuo, stretching out an arm.

Qiao Zhuo frowned and glared at him: "Squat down, how can I reach it? And..." He pointed at Chu Xiu's clothes, "Take them off."

There were several staff members and Su Feifei in the extraction room. As soon as Chu Xiu's order to take off his clothes came out, they couldn't help but cover their ears and didn't dare to listen any further.

Chu Xiu didn't take it off, but rolled up the sleeves at his wrists, revealing his forearms with strong and smooth muscles. The physical fitness of the three-S-level alpha was so fierce that it could be seen with the naked eye. Qiao Zhuo could clearly realize that the man in front of him contained a lot of potential. What a powerful fighting ability.

As soon as Chu Xiu bent down, Qiao Zhuo grabbed his arm and bit it hard.

His white teeth were stained with blood, but Chu Xiu, who had too much power, did not feel any pain. He was even distracted and noticed the heat radiating from Qiao Zhuo's mouth and the moist breath spraying on his arms.

Qiao Zhuo's rose omega pheromones desperately penetrated into Chu Xiu's nasal cavity, lips and teeth, constantly stimulating his tense nerves.

Everyone in the extraction room was shocked when they saw this scene. They did not expect that the conflict between the Duke and the Marshal had reached such a dire straits. It seemed that the Marshal would have a difficult life.

After the extraction, Qiao Zhuo still didn't let go. Instead, he raised his head to look at Chu Xiu provocatively and applied force under his mouth.

A wave of restless and crazy emotions suddenly surged into Chu Xiu's brain. His body reacted immediately, and Chu Xiu's pheromones surged instantly.

Qiao Zhuo coughed and let go of his teeth, turned his head and made a deliberate noise, cursing: "Stinky alpha."

Su Feifei, who was standing aside, was affected by the strong pheromone and was so frightened that she knelt down on one knee. She was surprised. Looking at Chu Xiu, he whispered doubtfully: "Marshal, have you reached the susceptible period?"

Chu Xiu calmly put down his sleeves, directed the staff to remove the pheromone smell from the room, and turned to stare at Qiao Zhuo. After a while, he said: "I'm sorry, Duke, I scared you."

Qiao Zhuo glared at him angrily, "What else could you say besides being sorry?"

Chu Xiu lifted up his sleeves to show Qiao Zhuo the bite marks he had just made, although Chu Xiu didn't feel it. , but it seemed that the tooth marks were still very heavy, Chu Xiu asked: "Will this make you feel better?"

Qiao Zhuo glanced at the bloodshot tooth marks, frowned instantly, and coldly snorted: "This is for you. Punishment, the marshal is not convinced?"

Chu Xiu lowered his eyelashes, "Don't dare."

Qiao Zhuo stood up and said sarcastically: "Don't dare? Is there anything else you dare not do?"

Chu Xiu's power and reputation now occupy a high position among the people. , so Qiao Zhuo felt a little uneasy every time he was provoked.

Qiao Zhuo asked the system: "Chu Xiu is someone who doesn't bother to retaliate against me, right?"

The system answered more cautiously this time, "According to the character design, it is like this."

Qiao Zhuo: "It means if the character design collapses..."

The system continued He affirmed what Qiao Zhuo was thinking, "Yes, if the character collapses, we won't be able to predict the male protagonist's behavioral logic, but this possibility is slim, and the host does not need to worry."

Qiao Zhuo: "."

Nowadays, the old emperor's body is getting weaker day by day, and the old alpha will only age rapidly after his prime. The old emperor's life was like a guillotine standing on the side of Qiao Zhuo's neck. Once the emperor died, Qiao Zhuo's situation would only plummet.

When Qiao Zhuo was thinking, suddenly the door of the extraction room was knocked, and Wells walked in with Charlie in his arms.

The other party pretended to be surprised when he saw Qiao Zhuo, "Duke, are you here too?"

Qiao Zhuo became interested when he saw the little baby Wells was holding.

"Why did you bring him here?" Qiao Zhuo frowned. He had not seen the third prince of the empire with his own eyes. He only saw the little baby wearing expensive silk clothes. His blond hair had gradually become thicker. His big eyes flickered at Qiao Zhuo, and suddenly he stretched out his hand and shouted: "Ang...ang..."

Weir Si exposed the back of his neck to let the researcher extract the pheromones. Seeing this, he smiled and said, "It seems that Charlie likes you very much, Lord Duke."

Qiao Zhuo received a little doll's expression of affection without changing, and hummed in an extremely cold voice.

Chu Xiu's eyes fell on Charlie for a moment, and he narrowed slightly.

After extracting the pheromones, Wells said to the researcher: "Help the third prince to take some too."

Seeing the researcher approaching Charlie with a syringe, Chu Xiu noticed the surprised expression on Qiao Zhuo's face and explained: "The third prince has done this The pheromone level has been tested, and it is an A-level alpha."

A-level alpha means that young Charlie is stronger than Wells and Brooke. If he were not too young, Charlie would have been more competitive in this power struggle. .

Qiao Zhuo noticed that Charlie's big eyes had been staring at him, without any reaction even when he was pricked by a needle.

"Does the Duke like children?" For some unknown reason, Wells looked at Qiao Zhuo and asked this question, his snake eyes concealing his scheming.

Qiao Zhuo raised his chin and glanced at Wells. His noble eyes were full of warning, refusing Wells to pry into his gossip.

Wells, who didn't get the answer, laughed softly, took Charlie from the researcher's hands, gently uncovered the episode, changed the subject and asked, "Have the matching results for the Duke come out?"

The beta researcher had a turbulent undercurrent towards this group of alphas. Knowing nothing about the pheromones, he replied: "The results will not come out in two days. Please wait patiently, the Duke and the eldest prince."

When Qiao Zhuo heard that the results would not come out today, he frowned, with impatience clearly written on his beautiful face. Three words.

"Two days?" Qiao Zhuo looked at Chu Xiu harshly, "So long?"

Wells looked at Qiao Zhuo, who was provoking Chu Xiu again and again, his eyes darkened, and he didn't know what he was planning.

"Tomorrow is the marshal's commendation ceremony. I wonder what honor my father will finally decide to award you?" Wells asked with a smile.

The system that had not spoken for a long time suddenly said, "Host, the award ceremony is an important plot point for the male protagonist. You must be present."

Qiao Zhuo hummed and asked the system: "How long can the old emperor last?"

The plot of the small world The reason why Qiao Zhuo was able to act arrogantly in front of Chu Xiu in the first half was mostly because he had the support of the emperor. Once the old emperor passed away, the most noble duke would lose his backer.

It's not an exaggeration to describe it as "being slaughtered by others".

System: "Detecting..."

Seeing that the system hadn't spoken yet, Qiao Zhuo stared at Chu Xiu for a long time and deliberately teased: "Although Your Majesty didn't listen to my suggestion, I still want to reward you with a match. As for the current susceptible period, I can only endure it."

Wells looked at Chu Xiu in surprise. The higher the alpha level, the more powerful and difficult it is to control the pheromones, not to mention that the situation will be more serious for alphas in the susceptible period. But he didn't smell any alpha pheromones from the moment he walked in.

Chu Xiu is simply unfathomable.

Chu Xiu said coldly: "Thank you, Duke, for caring, don't bother."

Qiao Zhuo just snorted, and the system's voice rang: "Just now!"

"What?" Qiao Zhuo was confused when the door of the extraction room was knocked hastily.

Chu Xiu walked over and just opened it, when he saw his lieutenant's face turned pale and he said nervously: "Marshal, your majesty, your majesty... just passed away."

So suddenly, the guillotine fell with a bang.

Qiao Zhuo thought to himself that his early days of being able to enjoy hot and spicy food were over.