Chapter 26: The pretty duke being robbed

The emperor passed away, and the empire mourned. Before the chaotic scene of internal fighting could unfold, the coveted forces of all parties were broken by Chu Xiu with one blow, and he took the opportunity to implement tax reform with thunderous means. The power of the royal family was repeatedly weakened under the new policy, and everyone in the nobles was in danger.

Chu Xiu's career growth value suddenly increased at a rapid rate.

Qiao Zhuo was wearing silver clothes and sitting on the right side of the emperor's coffin. His blond hair swept across his forehead, and his beautiful brows were even more attractive when they were quietly lowered.

The words "decline of the aristocracy" were nothing worth mentioning in Wells's mind, but now that he saw Qiao Zhuo's appearance, an evil thought gradually arose in his heart.

The helpless noble omega should be locked up at home.

The mourning was still going on, and the fat Marquis, who was ready to move, hesitated and came forward.

"My lord Duke, I heard that you have been very sad recently and have lost your appetite. I have a chef at home who is very skilled in cooking. Would you like to take him back?" The Marquis smiled attentively, with a pile of fat on his face.

The desire in the Marquis's eyes struck Qiao Zhuo undisguisedly, and it was not difficult to imagine how many people present had the same dirty thoughts as him. The nobility of the Duke is a thing of the past. Now that Chu Xiu is so powerful, Qiao Zhuo, who was always against him before, will certainly not end well.

Rather than letting such a beautiful omega be punished with an iron fist by Chu Xiu, it would be better to raise and coax him.

But except for the stupid Marquis who came up to him, most of them had their own little thoughts, just because a skinny camel was bigger than a horse, just in case the Duke had a way out to make a comeback.

Qiao Zhuo crossed his legs and looked up at him impatiently. His tone did not show any signs of weakness, and he still looked arrogant. He cursed: "Who are you? Get out."

The Marquis did not receive Qiao Zhuo's kindness but was scolded. His greed turned into anger in an instant. He was just an omega. Besides, the emperor who protected him was dead, so he still dared to be so arrogant?

Before the Marquis could curse, Qiao Zhuo caught his eye and slapped him. With a loud bang, everyone at the funeral looked over. Wells and Brooke were kneeling on the left side of the coffin. Brooke wanted to get up, but Wells pressed lightly on his arm to stop him.

Wells finally broke through the mask of elegance and said with a smile: "It's quite interesting. Why are you swimming in this muddy water?"

Brooke was stunned, and Wells said again: "You can save him once, how can you save him every time? And you Look, does he need your help?"

The arrogant and domineering noble will only be obedient if he is punished. Wells has a desire to collect Qiao Zhuo, but instead of holding Qiao Zhuo in his hands, he wants to see Qiao Zhuo fall to pieces and cry for help.

Qiao Zhuo stood up and looked at the Fat Marquis condescendingly, and said disdainfully: "You dog that flatters Chu Xiu, put away those disgusting thoughts of yours."

The Fat Marquis's face turned red with anger, and just as he was about to step forward, Qiao Zhuo stood in front of him. Su Feifei behind him stopped him with a sword.

"Back off." Su Feifei held the sharp sword in her hand and was an alpha, leaving the paper tiger Marquis to cover his slapped face angrily and leave with a horrified expression.

Before leaving, the Fat Marquis angrily said: "How long can you be brave? Don't forget that you have been matched with pheromones. When the results come out, it will be too late. If you don't follow me, just go with those poor alphas!"

Qiao Zhuo was speechless after hearing this ! Moved, he raised his chin slightly and was extremely proud.

He turned sideways and stretched out his hand towards Su Feifei, and saw that his palm was red. It was obvious that Qiao Zhuo had used all his strength in the slap just now.

Su Feifei began to feel sorry for the Duke. When she respectfully took out her handkerchief and was about to hold Qiao Zhuo's hand and rub it for him, the second prince Brooke came up dressed in black.

In the episode just now, Wells and Brooke lowered their heads and said nothing, which can be regarded as adding fuel to the flames.

Qiao Zhuo didn't know how much they had contributed to the emperor's death from illness, but he was certain that his own life must have been difficult in the later stages of the plot.

Brooke approached, took Su Feifei's handkerchief and pressed it into Qiao Zhuo's palm.

Seeing Qiao Zhuo frowning in pain, Brooke's heart clenched. When had the Duke, who was born in a heap of brocades, ever suffered such injustice? Brooke's heart broke just thinking about it.

"Your Majesty the Duke, I will help you." Brooke looked at Qiao Zhuo firmly and said.

Upon seeing this, Qiao Zhuo quickly said to the system: "What is he going to do? Wasn't the third male subdued by Chu Xiu?"

The system was also stunned and said: "Maybe it just deviated a little from the plot."

Brooke was still showing his loyalty and vowing He said, "I know that the Duke hates Chu Xiu the most right now. I will definitely make you happy. Just wait for Chu Xiu to make a fool of himself."

Qiao Zhuo's mentality collapsed and he said to the system: "You call this a deviation from the plot? "

The system muttered and did not dare to speak. After a while, it said: "The main plot of the test is progressing smoothly. Please continue to complete the task."

In order not to destroy the character, Qiao Zhuo could only throw away Brook's hand and asked contemptuously: " How can you help me?"

Brooke smiled mysteriously, the red hair was very flamboyant, "Duke, just wait for my good news."

Qiao Zhuo: "."

The system was silent for a long time, and could only say: "Host, please don't worry."

While Brooke was talking, Chu Xiu arrived late.

Now that the situation in the empire is upside down, Chu Xiu's status in the aristocratic circle is no longer just a marshal. He represents the direction that the people need to follow in the future. This change is deeply supported by the people, and their calls for Chu Xiu are getting louder and louder. .

I saw Chu Xiu walking rustlingly in a black military uniform, with black hair and black eyes like abyss. The three-S level alpha pheromones came overwhelmingly without any restraint. It was a pressure and a display of status.

Qiao Zhuo noticed that even though Chu Xiu had reached his current position, he was still wearing the golden restraint necklace around his neck.

Chu Xiu was followed by a large number of alpha soldiers. He slowly walked to the coffin and saluted, his eyes fixed on Qiao Zhuo.

As if to reinforce the fact that the two of them were at odds, Qiao Zhuo snorted sarcastically: "The marshal is so majestic."

Everyone at the funeral whispered to each other. They thought Chu Xiu would use Qiao Zhuo to scare the monkeys, but what they didn't expect was Chu Xiu. Xiu addressed Qiao Zhuo respectfully, "Your Majesty the Duke."

Chu Xiu walked to Qiao Zhuo and stood next to him. The strong pressure made Qiao Zhuo frown, and the heat on the back of his neck came again. Qiao Zhuo could only hold the armrest. Support your body.

Chu Xiu saw that Qiao Zhuo's face was a little pale, and he felt anxious in his heart. "Your Majesty, the Duke, can go to the back hall to rest if you feel unwell."

The funeral was held in the main hall of the gorgeous and wealthy palace, with countless rooms in the back for the nobles to play or rest. .

Qiao Zhuo already felt a little unwell, but when he saw Chu Xiu taking the initiative to hand him the steps, he turned around and left without even a moment's hesitation.

Qiao Zhuo confirmed to the system: "I feel uncomfortable all over..."

The system immediately said: "Yes, host, it's what you thought, your estrus period has arrived."

Qiao Zhuo gritted his teeth after being shocked and said: "Is there any way to solve it? ?"

The palace was full of alphas. Qiao Zhuo could only hide in the room temporarily. The system said helplessly: "Host, you can only rely on yourself."

Qiao Zhuo: "."

Chu Xiu in the distance looked quietly at the crowd. Looking at Qiao Zhuo's back as he walked away, the desire to plunder in his heart gradually became clear.

The pale face of Qiao Zhuo who fell from a height seemed to be still in front of him. Chu Xiu clenched his fists to calm down his emotions and no longer suppressed his desire for Qiao Zhuo.

After the funeral, there was a banquet for the nobles. As the new leader, Chu Xiu sat in a high position. Wells and Brooke stood up and offered a toast with different thoughts.

Wells inquired calmly: "The Duke's status now is not what it used to be, and many people are paying attention to his matching results."

Chu Xiu's dark eyes sank, and he stared at Wells and said: "A lot of people, including you, the eldest prince? Wells

' hand holding the wine glass trembled. He could clearly feel that Chu Xiu was deliberately using pheromones to suppress him.

Wells had a gentlemanly smile on his face. For the first time, he did not mediate. He asked directly: "Marshal, do you think there are many people including me?"

Chu Xiu looked at him coldly for a moment, raised his glass and drank it down, his eyebrows lowered his aura. Zeng Sheng asked, "Does the eldest prince think that includes me?"

As soon as these words came out, Wells was violently shocked. Could it be that Chu Xiu also had other thoughts about Qiao Zhuo?

During the conversation, a group of noises suddenly came from behind.

Looking over, he saw several alpha soldiers following Chu Xiu surrounding and beating a male alpha.

"Are you blind? How dare you just bump into him!"

"Teach him a lesson!"

"If you're drunk and act crazy, even if you beat him to death, it's not a crime."

Wells thought it was just an ordinary drunken alpha fight at first. Yong, but when he took a closer look, he was stunned for a moment. The one who was pushed to the ground and beaten was actually the fat Marquis who made rude remarks to Qiao Zhuo!

The Marquis curled up on the ground and wailed, but the punches on him did not stop for a moment.

Wells turned around and saw that Chu Xiu calmly filled up the wine and drank another glass. The drunkenness made his eyebrows more sharp. He only heard him ask in a low voice: "Now, does the eldest prince know?"

Wells's plan The plan fell apart under Chu Xiu's strong hand. He didn't say anything and only drank a glass of wine.

Before leaving, Wells asked again without giving up: "Is it me?"

Wells had a small hope hidden in his heart. Is there a glimmer of possibility that the alpha that best matches Qiao Zhuo would be him? The shackles of fate cannot be broken away. If that is the case, Wells will fight to the death with Chu Xiu.

But Chu Xiu put down his wine glass and banged it on the table, "It's not you."

Wells's heart dropped.

But the next second, Chu Xiu said again: "It's not me."

Chu Xiu got up and walked to the back hall amidst Wells's complicated and shocked expression, "But the result doesn't matter. As long as the eldest prince remembers that he is not yours, People who think about it."

Chu Xiu developed the omega and alpha matching machine on his own, but for Qiao Zhuo's sake, he said it didn't matter.

Wells smashed the wine glass in his hand with a bang, anger welling up in his heart, and for the first time he regretted Chu Xiu's choice to stand in line.

Brooke, who had vowed to vent his anger for Qiao Zhuo not long ago, was nowhere to be seen. Looking at the hilarious banquet in front of him, Wells felt that he had lost all motivation in an instant.

There was an alpha soldier standing a few steps apart in the dark corridor. When he saw Chu Xiu, he immediately

stood up and saluted, "Marshal!" Chu Xiu had only drank two glasses of wine, but he was tipsy at this time. Logically speaking, he could filter the alcohol quickly. , why do you feel dizzy now?

Chu Xiu suppressed the discomfort and moved forward without seeing any flaws. The surging pheromones in his body gradually broke through the shackles and burned out all his sanity.

Suddenly, a burst of rose omega scent came from the back hall.

The word "Qiao Zhuo" became the last straw that crushed Chu Xiu's remaining conscious consciousness.