Chapter Thirty Six - Sanemi

I expected both my Mates to greet me when I came home from my mission. What I wasn't expecting is the flurry of panic sweeping across headquarters. Something definitely happened during the three days I had been gone. I had some injuries, but nothing too serious.

As I walked by the Butterfly Mansion, I stopped. Standing by the gate like guards were several of my fellow Hashira. All except for my Mates, as well as Kocho and Rengoku. At the sight of me, Mitsuri runs over.

“Shinazugawa! Haven't you heard?!” She shrieks, her normally soft tone edged with anxiety.
“Obviously fucking not?” I say, not sure what she had been talking about.
“(Last Name) and Kyo-Kun…” The Love Hashira manages to get out, tears forming in her green eyes.
“No.” I growl, sprinting past her into the hospital.

No. No. No. She is strong, nothing could've happened to her. I follow the faint scent of honey and snow, kicking down doors and shoving people out of my way. When I finally reach the room, I crash through the door.

Giyuu looks up, face blotchy and eyes red. (Name) lay still on the bed, too still. She was covered in bruises and bandages. I fell to my knees, unable to accept the image in front of me.

“S-She’s going to be o-okay.” Giyuu sobs but I didn't believe him.
“What happened?” I manage to say, fighting back the tears that threatened to render me useless.
Upper Moon Three.” I was surprised to hear the Flame Hashira, I hadn't even registered there was a second bed in the room.
“You…” I snarl, glaring at him.
“She took a hit that was meant for me. (Last Name), she killed him. She defeated Upper Moon Three and Lower Moon One by herself. If she hadn't been so worried about keeping me alive, your Omega wouldn't be in this condition. I've never felt so useless.” Rengoku says, his voice full of sorrow.

The information shocked me and if I wasn't so overwhelmed with worry, I would be proud. But one look at (Name) made my heart painfully squeeze in my chest. What am I supposed to do? Giyuu was a mess and our Omega is unconscious.

-

One Week Later

The wounds from her battle were almost healed. Kocho stood by the bed, taking (Name)’s vitals while Aoi changed her bandages. Giyuu sat next to me, clinging to my side with worry.

“She should wake up soon. I'm going to start her on an IV of human blood to speed up her recovery. Based on the test results, her body is struggling to heal all of the internal damage on its own.” The Insect Hashira says after she finishes writing down the Omega's vitals.

Giyuu began to sniffle, trying his best to hide his tears in front of the two women. I held him close, staring at the bed that held our Mate. If (Name) doesn't wake up soon, I don't think the Water Hashira is ever going to be the same.

-

Two Weeks Later

I was just about to fall asleep when I smelled it. The overpoweringly distinct honey and snow scent of my Omega’s pheromones. My eyes snap open and I look at the bed. Large, marked (Eye Color) eyes looked at me in confusion. I don't hesitate to smack Tomioka awake.

“Nemi?” The soft voice of our Omega, even if it was scratchy and hoarse, sounded like a symphony.
“We're here, baby.” I reassure (Name).
“Where is Rengoku?” She asks, looking around in a panic.
“He's alive, calm down.” I say, settling beside her in the bed.
“Huh?” Giyuu murmurs, rubbing his eyes as he sits up.
“Giyuu.” (Name) whines and the Alpha’s head twists to look at her.
“Is this a dream?”
“No you fucking idiot! Go get Kocho!” I snap and his blue eyes widen before he rushes out of the room.

I wrap my arms loosely around the Moon Hashira, not wanting to injure her by acting hastily. She leans into my hug, nuzzling her face in my neck. I didn't bother to control the tears that streamed down my face.

“I almost l-lost y-you…” I manage between sobs as I bury my face in her long, (Hair Color) hair.
“Shh, I'm alright.” She soothes and I could only cry harder.

I heard the door open but I didn't bother to compose myself. Familiar arms wrap around me from behind and I relax into Giyuu's embrace. Kocho began questioning (Name) to make sure everything was alright. But I couldn't focus on her answers. No, I needed to just be with my Mates for a moment. After what seemed to be ages, Kocho settled her clipboard on the bedside table to begin the physical exam.

-

“I believe she is well enough to leave but I would advise she take at least two months to get back to full strength.” Kocho concluded after she finished examining (Name).
“Is there anything we can do to make her recovery easier?” Giyuu asked and the Beta thought for a moment before answering.
“As much of a risk as it is, it would be less physically taxing on her body if she reverted to her demon form until all of the damage is fully healed. I would like for her to come by twice a month until then.” The Insect Hashira states and I nod.
“Thank you, Shinobu.”

Giyuu and I quickly helped (Name) to her feet when we realized the stubborn woman was attempting to get up. She leans into the dark haired Alpha while holding my hand. As soon as her feet touch the floor, the (Body Type) Omega groans.

“I want to go home.”

-

It had been two days since (Name) returned home when we heard a knock on the door. I looked over at Giyuu and he just stared blankly back at me. Tanjiro and his friends were in the backyard, I could hear them training. Nezuko laid snuggled up next to the Omega on the couch, both of them fast asleep.

“(Last Name)? Shinazugawa? Tomioka?” I immediately recognized the voice of the Love Hashira.

I swear under my breath, going to the door. When I open it, I scowl. Standing in front of me were the Hashira - all of them.

“Shinazugawa, how's the Omega?” Iguro hisses as I let everyone inside.
“She’s asleep, shut the fuck up.” I tell him as I walk back to the living room.

Giyuu looks at the group before looking over at the still sleeping (Name). Her face scrunched slightly and we all held our breaths until she relaxed again. I glared at the Hashiras behind me and they all had the audacity to look apologetic.

“Where are the children at?” Rengoku asks, his voice booming through the entire house.

It took every ounce of self control in me not to punch him when (Name) shoots up. Panicked, she looks around. When her beautiful, marked (Eye Color) eyes land on the Hashiras gathered in our living room, she smiles.

“What are you guys doing?” (Name) questions.
“They came by to see you, baby doll.” Giyuu says and her smile widens.
“Really?”
“Of course! Uzui wanted to throw a party to celebrate when Oyakata-Sama told us you and Kyo-Kun were able to defeat two Kiziuki! But since you were so badly hurt, we decided to just come by and visit! We brought gifts!” Mitsuri cheers and all three of us sigh.

Can't we ever get any time to relax with just our weird little family? The only thing missing is… Genya.