Chapter Thirty Four - Giyuu

After much convincing from Sanemi and myself, (Name) reluctantly agreed to allow Kocho to rehabilitate Tanjiro. But it was unanimously decided between the four of us that it would be best for Nezuko to stay in the Moon Estate. The demon girl had taken a real liking to the Omega and vice versa.

“I think I want to make Nezuko my Tsutako.” (Name) says over breakfast, causing the three of us to stare at her.
“Do you think she can use Moon Breathing, Onee-San?” Tanjiro asks excitedly and the Omega shakes her head.
“No, but I believe I can teach her how to control her Blood Demon Art. I know you want to protect her, Tanjiro, but I think she would like to be able to protect you too.” (Name) explains and the teen nods in agreement.
“Arigato Onee-San. If Oyakata-Sama will allow it, I will give you my blessing!” Tanjiro exclaims and I smile.

-

I sat on the engawa with Kanzaboru in my lap. The old crow had improved a bit after his retirement, happily basking in the spoils of being the center of (Name)’s attention. The sun had just passed beyond the horizon and the sky was a beautiful purple color.

“Nezuko, it's safe to come outside.” I tell the demon girl and she hums, quickly growing to her normal size.

She walks out where (Name) waited, stretching her legs. It was a beautiful sight to see the two demons practicing. A smile formed on my lips as the long, (Hair Color) ponytail fluttered in the night breeze. Even as a demon, nobody could hold a candle to (Name)’s beauty.

“Okay, so I need you to focus on your breathing Nezuko.” The Moon Hashira starts as she settles down on the grass beside the Kamado girl.

Over the years, (Name) had explained how she learned the techniques. I understood she had a natural ability to use Total Concentration Constant. Knowing how she became the strong woman she is today only made me love her more.

“I want you to picture your body, use your inner eye to see every part of it. Once you've gotten it, I need you to hum so I know you're ready to move on.” (Name) coaches gently and I found myself following along.

It wasn't difficult for me, I already knew Total Concentration Constant but I hadn't ever tried to use my inner eye. I was surprised when I felt the sudden heat. My eyes snap open and I look at the scene in front of me.

Nezuko had a small circle of pink flames surrounding her and her eyes were closed. (Name) was unphased by this and only then did I notice the small, pink markings on her forehead had begun to glow. I had no idea how to react to all this so I just watched.

(Name) lifts a hand, a small crescent blade materializes as she flexes her fingers. It flickers from pink to blue before settling on a gradient between the two. Beside her, Nezuko lets out a hum.

“Perfect. Now that you can see everything I want you to focus on the oxygen in your blood. Hum again when you get it.” The Omega says, smiling proudly.

It was quite an unorthodox way to teach Total Concentration Constant but it seemed to be working. Slowly, the flames around Nezuko began to expand and for a moment I worried. Yet (Name) didn't seem concerned in the slightest. When the pink flames touched her feet, nothing happened. As if the flames could differentiate between friend and foe. Once the flames fully enclosed the Moon Hashira, Nezuko let out a soft hum.

“Already? I expected nothing less from such a strong Kamado. Your brother will be so proud of you, Nezuko. Do you trust me?”

I could smell the spike in her emotions; even after nearly three years she hasn't been able to fully control her pheromones. As the scent of honey and snow permeated the warm night air, Nezuko let out a loud hum.

“Alright, I apologize but this is the best way. I am going to use a moon blade to cut your palm. It will sting for a few minutes but I need you to focus on your breathing. Visualize the oxygen moving your blood to the wound and use it to stop the bleeding. You won't be able to regenerate the way you normally do, okay? So I need you to heal it with your breathing.” (Name) explains gently and the demon girl doesn't hesitate to hold out her hand.
“Mhmm!” Nezuko hums, clearly having made up her mind.

The Moon Hashira takes a deep breath before curling two fingers. Quickly, the moon blade in her hand slices through the pale flesh of the Kamado girl’s. A few moments go by, with deep crimson dripping onto the dirt. Then it happened.

Nezuko lets out a loud hum, pink flames glowing brightly around her. The torn skin on her palm begins to knit back together but just as the bleeding stops, the hand is engulfed in the same flames that surrounded her.

“Just as I suspected, you have more than one stage in your Blood Demon Art.” (Name) states, nodding her head.

The girl makes a soft growl, as if she didn't understand. So the Omega begins to explain how her own Blood Demon Art works.

“See, I have four stages in mine. Two of them are for attacking while the other two are for defending.

My first stage, Hunter's Moon, is an attack. During a battle, my opponent always ends up with my blood on them. Even if they haven't hit me. This attack hones in on my own blood and works as a tracking system so I can perform the second stage.

Twilight Tide is a defensive stage, using the beat of my heart to guide me, I can create a barrier of crescent blades that are unbreakable. This stage is used to not only protect myself and my comrades, but also to distract the enemy. A majority of demons cannot accept that they aren't strong enough to break the barrier. Which makes it a useful skill when I am up against a tough opponent.

The third stage, Eclipse of the Soul, is an attack where I use my own blood to make thousands of senbon needles. Once again, using the beat of my own heart as it pumps blood, it sends these needles into the pressure points of my opponent. After a while, this renders the target paralyzed which allows me to use my inner eye. Using my inner eye, I am able to see the things that weigh on a person's soul and use it to pass judgment on them. But it comes at a cost.

If I don't trigger the final stage, Lunar Renewal, my body stops suppressing the toxins of the demon blood flowing through my veins. Without the ability to stop those toxins from spreading, I will die. This step is crucial because not only can it completely heal any wounds I have - if I want to, I can use it to reverse the damage I have done. By giving away a piece of my immortality, I right the wrong I have committed. It is the only way to rid myself of the curse of the evil eye.” (Name) explains and it seems the girl understood her.

“Mhmm!” Nezuko hums.