Chapter Forty Six - Giyuu

I never felt more useless as I did while the other Hashira and I linger around the barrier holding Upper Moon Four inside. Sanemi was practically pacing as we heard the sounds of battle not far from us. Trees splinter as the fight rages and I flinch when I hear Kanroji scream.

“(Name)-Chan!”
“Stay back!” The Omega growls and I feel my stomach drop.

I never understood the saying ‘my blood ran cold’ until now. It felt like my whole body froze, I couldn't even breathe. I could feel my heart thudding painfully to circulate blood that felt like ice shards. Each panicked breath I sucked in was like inhaling glass. My vision tunneled as I saw a familiar blob of (Hair Color) crashing through the forest.

My brain wanted me to catch her but it was like my feet were fused to the ground. In a flash, Uzui was jumping up and catching the flying Omega. As soon as she is back on her feet, (Name) practically disappears as she runs back into the fray.

“Leave her alone!” Her voice gave away the barely controlled tone of volatile fury.

I flinch, already knowing it wouldn't be a good idea to get between (Name) and Upper Moon Five. Something that separated the Moon Hashira from other demons, besides the lack of cannibalism, is her strong desire to protect. Her Omega instincts go into overdrive during a battle but instead of turning docile like most Omegas, the Marechi woman becomes a fierce and aggressive mother. Similar to a mother bear defending her cubs, (Name) is a force of furious nature that cannot be stopped.

Hearing the battle rage on for so long, with the occasional silence of Nezuko healing the two Hashira, was nerve-wracking. But as the sky began to lighten, I was practically hyperventilating with anxiety. It sounded as if the fight would never end.

“Nezuko, take Kanroji and run!”

From the treeline, the demon girl sprints out carrying the Love Hashira. The Alpha was covered in blood and taking slow, controlled breaths. Shinobu immediately begins treating the woman. I glanced over at Sanemi and we both seemed to be thinking the same thing. As if on queue, we both bolt for the forest.

Total Concentration; Moon Breathing, Sixteenth Form: Moonbow, Half Moon.” As soon as we break through the treeline, I see (Name).

The Omega was covered in blood. She had wounds all over her body as well as several purplish patches that indicated she had been poisoned. Yet she wasn't even phased, easily performing the six curved slashes that unleashed thousands of crescent blades crashing around Upper Moon Five. They fell with such force that it left large, deep craters in the ground. I didn't understand the point of her attack until I saw several scales falling from the demon’s body.

“More Hashira? Another Marechi, interesting. I see so much potential in the art I could create using you three!” The abomination, a male demon with such an ugly face I felt nauseous.
“Leave them alone. Your fight is with me Gyokko.” (Name) growls.
“I do hope they are stronger than the woman you had earlier.”

Our Omega doesn't speak again, instead she sprints full speed at him. She moved so quickly that it was almost as if she teleported. (Name) appears behind the demon with crescent blades encircling her katana. As if she had never been there, she flickers for a moment as they collide with the shiny scales around Upper Moon Five. In the same moment that the scales fall, she is once again in front of him.

“You should know your place.” She snarls, lapping at some of the blood leaking from her palm.
“That's rich coming from a traitor.” Gyokko cackles.
Total Concentration; Moon Breathing, Forbidden Art: Hunter's Moon, Lupine Leap.” And with that, she launched herself at him.

(Name) moved with so much speed that she was there before I could blink, impaling her Nichirin blade through his throat. She used her momentum to twist her body, easily decapitating him. When she lands back in front of him, his head is already falling from his shoulders. But her attack doesn't end there.

Total Concentration; Water Breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash.” (Name) continued to attack his neck and I was in awe of her.

The absolute brutality of her continuous assault had even Sanemi flinching. Blood and shimmering scales splatter into her skin but she doesn't relent. I look up at the sky, seeing the horizon beginning to take on the telltale colors of dawn. Dusty pinks, soft lavenders and accents of cantaloupe colors paint the expanse.

-

Back at Headquarters

“(Last Name)! Your sword is complete! I used the melted remnants of your previous blade as well as tempering it with your blood as requested. This katana will not break again as it will be restored to new every time it comes in contact with your blood.” Hotaru explains, handing over the Nichirin Odachi to the Omega.

(Name) easily slides the blade out and I see the familiar golden grooves along the back of the blade. Yet the blade doesn't change color just as the first time she drew her sword. With a practiced flick of her thumb along the tsuba, the thin edge slices through the (Skin Tone) flesh. The blood flows through the inlayed grooves and only then does the Nichirin sword change color. Finally, the lavender color spread wherever the blood touched yet the edge of the blade remained the same color; just like its previous incarnation.

“I can feel my blood resonate within this blade. The craftsmanship is exquisite as always, Haganezuka-San. Arigato.” (Name) states, bowing deeply at the swordsmith.
“Please, I am honored to have the opportunity to craft a blade for the Kiziuki Killer.” The swordsmith in the sunflower hoari says before taking his leave and I could practically hear the blush in his tone.
“Kiziuki Killer? How flashy!” Tengen booms from his seat on the engawa.

(Name) blushes, sheathing her blade as she rubs the back of her neck. I could tell she was flustered but at this point, the alias is fitting. No other Slayer in the history of the Corps has slain four Upper Moons and lived to tell the tale. It made me immensely proud to see how strong the Omega really is.

“Oyakata-Sama requests the presence of the Hashira.” Goto, one of the kakushi says as he steps through the gates of the Moon Estate.

Each Hashira was already gathered in the yard so we all made our way towards the Ubuyashiki Manor. I already had a suspicion as to why we were being gathered. (Name) defeating two Upper Moons in one night is impressive and most definitely a reason to call a Hashira meeting.

-

Your sword  ⬆️ but it is more along the size of this because you're a baddie: