Chapter Forty Two - Sanemi

A quick content warning ⚠️
This chapter contains subjects that might be triggering or off-putting for some views so reader discretion is advised
Warnings Include:
-General Gore
-Cannibalism
-Vomiting

After I decapitated the scantily clad demon, I smiled at my shocked Mates. But they don't smile back. I go to speak but find myself being swatted into a building by the obi of the demon I just killed.

“Sanemi!” In a flash of blue and (Hair Color), the Moon Hashira is in front of me with Giyuu in tow.

Total Concentration; Moon Breathing, Forbidden Art: Twilight Tide.” She tossed the Water Hashira into me and I felt deja vu as her sword made controlled waves of glowing, blue crescent blades with each movement of her sword.

They branch off in every direction, easily barricading the three of us. From somewhere, what seemed to be thousands of bloody sickles pound against the blue barrier. None of them make it through; their attack only seems to annoy the Omega.

“Gyutaro, can you fuck off for like five minutes?” She snarls not even looking in the direction as a wave of her hand sends a barrage of pink crescent blades towards whoever she spoke to.

Her marked, (Eye Color) eyes glare at me and I smile sheepishly at her. Apparently she wasn't happy the cavalry had arrived already.

“Those are Upper Moon Six! You cannot kill them that way!” (Name) scolds and I blink in surprise.
“You're fighting more Upper Moons alone? I thought we talked about this! Giyuu!” I looked over at the other Alpha for help but he had his hand on his face and his eyes closed.
“Shinazugawa, you know the rule.” He reminds me and I groan at the memory.

-

Flashback

“Sanemi, Giyuu, my children.” Oyakata-Sama greets and our heads snap up, having both begun to nod off by our comatose Omega's bedside.

I hoped the bow of my head was enough, my entire lower half was numb from sitting for so long.

“Master, what brings you?” Giyuu asks softly.
“I wish to speak with you regarding (Name).” He explained and I felt my stomach lurch.
“Of course.” I manage out.
“I have been enlightened by a vision.” This piqued our interest and our nods had him continue his statement.

“The Moon Hashira will be the only Hashira allowed to battle the Upper Moons. Kyojuro’s report of the Mugen Train incident has changed things. They are stronger than we ever imagined. If she hadn't been with him, I am certain we would be mourning the loss of our Flame Hashira. The Final Battle will be easier if she can eliminate them all before we face Muzan.”

I was stunned, unable to understand the information. Giyuu sighed, nodding his head at Oyakata-Sama’s words. How can he agree when the last Upper Moon she faced nearly killed her?

“Master, I believe even if she is the only one capable of killing the Upper Moons, she shouldn't fight them alone. We need to have a system in place that gathers the available Hashira to fight beside her.” Giyuu says and the Master just nods.
“Her crow will seek one of you out when an Upper Moon appears.”

-
Current

“Everyone is here. Why are we waiting?” I ask and (Name) groans.
“I am going to need someone fast enough to sever a head at the same time as me.” I smirk at her words.
“Then let's do this, babe.”

The Omega applies a new coat of crimson on her katana before filling two vials of blood. She hands one to me and the other to Tomioka. A quick kiss on each of our cheeks and she is jumping away.