Chapter Thirteen - Giyuu

(Name)’s eyes were a milky white color, but they had the same black veins that covered her cheeks. The formerly shining (Eye Color) eyes were gone. Is she blind? I've never heard of a blind demon.

“(Name)!” Sanemi exclaims, ignoring the deep growling that emanated from her.

The eye on her forehead snapped open, revealing the golden colored iris that barely had a pupil. It darted around, looking at us. I knew she could see us through it, but I had no idea if she had the humanity to remember who we were.

“Baby, I'm so sorry we couldn't protect you.” I murmur, gently settling a hand on her chin.

Saliva dripped down from the muzzle, but she made no move to attack us. Even with the fresh blood seeping from our chests that fell onto her face, (Name) just looked at us. I couldn't figure out what she saw - if she recognized us - but I kept talking just like Tanjiro did to his sister when she attacked him.

“Oyakata-Sama has accepted you to be a Hashira, even if you're a demon. We are so proud of you.” I smile at her in hopes that one of the rare smiles that her human side adored would help.
“Our strong Omega, I bet you didn't even break a fucking sweat fighting the other Hashira.” Sanemi adds and the eye focuses on his scarred face.

It blinked a few times before we heard (Name) sniffing at him. Her actions reminded me of our first meeting, all those months ago. Something in me knew she could snap the muzzle off if she wanted to. Yet she hadn't, which is better than I had hoped for.

“(Name), our cherished Mate, do you think you could make yourself smaller?” I ask her and the eye blinks a few times before she slowly nods her head.

Sanemi and I watch in fascination as the eye closes. As soon as it did, her body began to shrink. When she was finished, a low hum reverberated from her throat as the eye opened again.

“Nnn.” The (Hair Color) haired demon was looking at Sanemi as she attempted to speak around the muzzle.
“Shh, honey, we're here.” He reassures her as she snuggles into his chest - not even bothered by the blood soaking into her hair.

I take that as the time to get the box Urokodaki-Sensei made for me. It was made to carry (Name) and protect her from the sun in case she ever became a demon. I settled the box next to Sanemi, who seemed to finally grasp its purpose.

“Sanemi, I need you to carry her inside the box and go to the Wind Estate. Get dressed, bandage your chest and prepare to leave by nightfall. I will go speak to Oyakata-Sama and explain what we must do.” I tell the white haired male after I help our Omega get settled in the box.

-

The trek to see Oyakata-Sama was faster than I hoped, which meant I didn't have to waste time avoiding other slayers. When I arrived in the garden, he was already waiting on the engawa.

“Giyuu, my child.” He greets me with a smile as I bow to him.
“I thank the Gods that you stay in good health, Master.”
“You came to ask me something. What troubles you?” The calmness of the Beta’s tone had me internally relaxing.
“I know it is a lot to ask of you Oyakata-Sama, but I beg for you to allow Sanemi and I to take (Name) to Urokodaki-Sensei. I believe he can help her.”
“Have you woken her up?” Oyakata-Sama asks me and I don't hesitate to tell him yes.
“She has proven herself to be a great asset to our organization. If you believe the former Water Pillar can rehabilitate her, I trust you. But what will you do if she cannot be saved, if she kills someone?” He ponders and I exhale shakily.
“If she kills someone, I will kill her myself as well as committing seppuku. I believe Shinazugawa will do the same, but I cannot speak on his behalf.” I vow and he nods.
“Very well, my child. Take her to Urokodaki, I will explain to the other Hashira about your absence. I expect weekly reports from you as well as Sanemi. Give my regards to Sankoji as well as check on the Kamado siblings.” Oyakata-Sama decides and I thank him before taking my leave.

-

Sanemi waited at the Wind Estate, having already gotten ready by the time I returned. His violet eyes looked nervously at the box that contained our Mate. He paced back and forth next to it, clearly distressed.

“Oyakata-Sama sanctioned our request. We need to leave as soon as I get dressed. What have you packed?” I ask and he stops pacing.
“I packed a basket with clothing for (Name) as well as spare uniforms for both of us and money. Since we most likely won't have time to prepare food before we go, we can stop in town and eat on the way. Your clothes, along with your haori, are in the bedroom. I also decided to bring (Name)’s uniform as well as her Nichirin Blade.” Shinazugawa rattled off, seemingly still panicked over the whole ordeal.
“Everything will be fine, can you have Sorai deliver a letter to Urokodaki-Sensei to let him know in advance we are heading his way?” He nods and I go towards the bedroom to get dressed.

-

We managed to make good time, already arriving at the closest town to Headquarters by the time the sky started lightening. Sanemi carried the box holding our precious Omega, while I had the basket of supplies on my back.

I usually didn't mind walking in silence, but I had grown accustomed to (Name) talking my ear off whenever she's with me. The scarred Alpha next to me seemed to feel just as uneasy as we walked the streets of the town. If we didn't need food, we most likely would be running without stopping.

“Should we just buy some onigiri to take with us? I would prefer to just eat while we run.” I said to my future co-mate.
“Glad we're on the same fucking page. We should buy enough for the whole run - I don't want to make anymore fucking stops. We can sleep when we're dead, dammit.” Sanemi growled and I agreed with him.