Prologue - Sanemi

The last thing anybody in the Butterfly Estate expected to see is the feral Wind Hashira, Shinazugawa carrying an unconscious woman in his arms. The Insect Hashira, Kocho immediately went to assist him.

Once the woman laid on the bed, they could see what was wrong. Blood leaked out of several gashes along her body - gashes that Kocho immediately recognized as the work of a demon. Questions floated around her head but one sniff is enough to answer most of them.

“Where did you find this woman?” Insect Hashira asks.
“You won't fucking believe this…” Sanemi starts his tale while Shinobu begins patching up the unconscious woman.

-

I had just finished my daily run - nothing spectacular but it was a good enough way to waste time between missions. The gate of Demon Slayer Headquarters came into view, but something felt wrong. My pace slowed as I instinctively placed my hand on the hilt of my katana. It's still daylight so I knew it couldn't be a demon but the air was thick with a scent of blood that was achingly familiar. Marechi blood.

When I finally made it to the gate, I couldn't believe my eyes. There, tied to one of the Wisteria trees, was a woman. My approach didn't seem to be noticed as I sniffed the air once more - realizing that she is also an omega.

My instincts as an Alpha had me yanking my katana out of the scabbard. I cut the binds, making sure to sheathe the sharp sword before I pick her up. The woman's (Skin Color) skin was turning a bit too pale for her to be taken anywhere but the Butterfly Mansion for treatment. It was clear she had lost quite a lot of blood and she looked like the wrong touch would snap her in half.

Malnourished and bleeding heavily still didn't change the fact that her features were beautiful. Her (Hair Length), (Hair Color) hair - even if it was matted with blood - still shined. The woman's smooth, unblemished (Skin Color) skin that felt too cold to belong to somebody still in this plane of existence yet too soft to be dead.

I didn't hesitate to kick the gate in and sprint to the Butterfly Estate. Once I get her to Kocho, I can inform the Master about this strange woman.

-

“I see. Go see the Master, I need to take care of this.” Kocho says after I finish my explanation.

I nod in agreement before rushing off again. Something didn't sit well with me. Civilians aren't supposed to know the location of Headquarters unless their family is associated with our organization. I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn't pay attention to where I was running until I found myself flat on my ass.

“Gomen, Shinazugawa, I wasn't paying attention.” I grit my teeth as I glared at the arrogant bastard.
“Fuck off Tomioka, I'm going to see the Master.” I growl and he sighs.
“So am I.” And with that he walks away.

I get up and follow him, knowing damn well that whatever the fuck his prissy ass needed was nowhere near as important as this. We both made it to the Ubuyashiki estate at the same time.

“Sanemi, Giyuu - what a pleasure.” Master’s calming voice greets as we both bow in front of the engawa.
“It is a pleasure to see you in good health, Master.” I say, glaring over at Tomioka.
“I believe I know why you're here.” Oyakata-Sama says and I hear Tomioka's silent exhale of relief beside me.
“I found a woman tied to a Wisteria tree at the front gate.” I explain and he just nods.
“Yes, I have foreseen this. Sanemi, I will need you to partner with Giyuu for the mission I am about to give you.” I wanted to growl, already dreading his next words.
“The Marechi omega needs to be guarded at all times.” The Master orders.
“Yes Oyakata-Sama.” We speak at the same time.

Working with Tomioka is going to be fucking annoying.