Chapter Forty Five - Sanemi

After briefing us, (Name) and Kocho rush head on towards the demon. I kept my hand on the tsuka¹ of my sword. The Hashira that weren't fighting, fan out to form a loose perimeter around the two fighting women.

I watch in fascination as the long, (Hair Color) haired Omega effortlessly delivers blow after blow to the demon. It seemed like he didn't even want to fight back; continuously whining about how innocent he was.

“Hantegu, why the fuck are you here?” (Name) demands, effortlessly twirling her blade as she advances.
“How do you know my name? I am blameless for the deaths of those smiths! Why is a demon fighting for the Demon Slayers?” The demon whimpers.
“I am no demon.” She snarls, tackling him to the ground.

Shinobu trails behind the Omega, waiting for the interrogation to end. I was immediately worried when Upper Moon Four kicked (Name) away, throwing her body towards a building. She breaks through the wood and growls before running back into the fray.

With his attention focused on the Moon Hashira, Kocho begins to sneak around him. (Name) wasn't bothering to use Moon Breathing, instead focusing on throwing as many of her blood demon arts at him as she could.

Total Concentration; Moon Breathing, Forbidden Art: Hunter's Moon.” The Marechi woman says, licking blood off her bleeding arm.

She rushed at the demon, using her free hand to summon dozens of pale pink, crescent blades. They drip with the same burgundy substance that coated her sword. In the blink of an eye, they launched at Hantegu.

Each one hits their mark as she circles around him, like a predator tracking her prey. Her movements were so fast that I barely could keep up with her. But the Upper Moon Four was just as fast as he began using his own blood demon art.

Total Concentration; Moon Breathing, Forbidden Art: Twilight Tide, Waning Water².” (Name) calls out, swinging her sword in controlled movements as her moon blades begin to glow blue.

They encircled her, not expanding in a barricade like usual but instead they condensed into a thin layer of armor. It ripples and moves along with her, while also deflecting anything that touches it. The form was the product of mixing her blood demon art with Giyuu's Eleventh Form of Water Breathing.

While the demon focuses on attacking her, Shinobu is covered in a similar coating as (Name). The Beta easily jumps and twists to evade any attacks as she thrusts her poisoned blade into the demon. With the armor provided by the Moon Hashira, she would be protected from any blows that she cannot dodge.

My eyes move back to my Mate, and widened as she flips her body to gain momentum. It was evident that this attack would incapacitate the demon. Already, his skin had large patches of violet and he was slowing down. I look at the horizon, seeing that we probably only had a minimum of five hours before sunrise. (Name)’s attack connects and the Upper Moon Four falls into a heap.

Total Concentration; Moon Breathing, Forbidden Art: Twilight Tide.” (Name) swings her sword in a quick circular motion and her moon blades encircled the knocked out demon.

As soon as the barrier is up, she jumps out of it. With a final cut to her arm, she coats her hand in blood. Placing a bloody handprint on the barrier, she murmurs something softly before motioning for us to move in.

Giyuu and I rush towards her. Even if she was now able to use her blood demon art safely, we still wrap her into our arms.

“There's another one here. My guess is that Upper Moon Five is lurking around somewhere. Hantegu and Gyokko don't like one another but they are most likely paired together for this mission on Muzan’s command. With three of his Kiziuki dead, he will most likely have Douma and my Sensei close to him.” She says softly.
“What do you know about Upper Moon Five?” Muichiro asks as I offer my blood to the exhausted demoness.
“He has this thing with pots. He can hide and switch between them. I'm unsure of his true abilities because I've never met him. But my Sensei mentioned he can die through decapitation if you continue to attack his head after it is liberated from his neck. He also uses poison as well, which means Shinobu won't be of help. He uses water-based attacks which would slow Tengen down and render Kyojuro useless. It is unwise to fight him at close range which means Mitsuri and I would be the best options to battle him. From what I remember, he is arrogant and egotistical, almost narcissistic in nature. We should use it against him.” (Name) explains, finally beginning to drink from the small gash I made for her.
“Onee-San!” The Kamado boy exclaims, rushing towards us.

She lifts her head, swallowing the mouthful of my blood before looking at him. The kid wasn't alone, he had the two idiots he calls friends with him. Nezuko also follows behind them.

“Hmm?” The Omega hums, going back to drinking my blood.
“I managed to gather up the smiths and get them to take refuge in the village Chief's estate. Kanao and Genya stayed back to protect them.”
“Thank you Tanjiro, I need you and the rest of the gang to meet back up with Genya and Kanao. Nezuko, I need you to come with me. Your healing abilities will be useful when I fight Upper Moon Five. Kanroji and I will go alone. Nemi, Giyuu, I need you and the other Hashira to stay and make sure that fucker can't leave that dome.” The Marechi woman orders out, taking one last gulp of my blood before running off with the two women.

Almost immediately after they leave, Iguro and I share a look. Shinobu gets to work patching up my bleeding arm while Giyuu settles into the grass at my feet. Tengen and Kyojuro begin to talk further away from us.

“I can't believe she is able to beat them so effortlessly! I'm unsure if her training under an Upper Moon is why she is able to defeat them, but it fills me with so much pride that our comrade is so strong!” Rengoku barks out, smiling happily.
“Honestly, next to the exquisite (Name)-Chan, we all look like rookies. I feel pretty dull in comparison.” Uzui mutters.
“(Last Name) is definitely a different type of slayer. If Hashira wasn't the highest rank already, she would've passed us when she killed Upper Moon Three.” Kocho remarks, finally finished bandaging my wound.
“It's really quite impressive that out of every generation of slayers so far, our generation has come the closest to eradicating demons altogether. Three hundred years since the last recorded Upper Moon slaying and now she's decimated half of them on her own.” Iguro says, his snake hissing in agreement.

-

1: Tsuka is the name of the handle of a katana, this includes the wrapping and ends at the tsuba (sword guard)
2: Twilight Tide, Waning Water was created by fusing your blood demon art with the Eleventh Form of Water Breathing: Dead Calm. It is casted the same as the original Twilight Tide but instead of the Moon blades expanding, they condense to coat the user and anyone deemed an ally in a thin layer of water that deflects attacks. It is the ultimate defense; combining the unbreakable strength of Twilight Tide and the knock back ability of Dead Calm.

Author's Note:
THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 10K READS
-This story only loosely follows the canonical plot line
-I have made the choice to change the plot of the original Demon Slayer by not including the Slayer Marks.
-While many may think (Name) is very overpowered - she is still significantly weak compared to Muzan. Her ability to kill Upper Moons is only possible because she was trained by Kokushibo. He didn't go easy on her for being a human. With the high concentration of Muzan's blood she is realistically about the same level of power as Akaza when she goes into full demon mode.
-It may seem odd that the Corps allows her to consume human blood, remember the fact that she literally fought the Hashira to prove her loyalty. There is not a single slayer that doesn't accept her, especially with the knowledge that eating human flesh makes her violently ill.
-If anyone has questions on the book, don't hesitate to comment

See ya in the next update y'all!