Ray's Fault (Part 1)

(Warning: swearing)

Chapa's POV:

Something completely unexpected has recently happened, something that I should've seen coming a long time ago, but I didn't think it would happen: Bose ended up in the hospital.

It happened just a few hours ago after we all got done fighting a few villains. To celebrate our victory, we changed back into our normal clothes and went to Omar's pizza. Halfway into the moment, I noticed Bose coughing a lot. Before I could ask him about it, he suddenly passed out.

I went over to where Bose landed and tried to wake him up, but it was no use. Everyone else gathered around to try to wake him up, too, but still nothing. We all agreed that Bose needed to be taken to a hospital, so we all ran out the door while I held Bose in my arms.

When we got there, a few doctors walked over to help put Bose in a hospital bed. They told us that we should leave and they could take it from there. Everyone else wanted to leave, but I wanted to stay behind. I was really worried about what might've happened that made Bose pass out.

I told everyone I wanted to stay, and they seemed to understand. They teleported out, and I found a chair in the waiting room to sit in. Sometime later, one of the doctors from earlier came up to me. He asked where everyone else was, and I said that they left. Then, he said this...

Doctor: "I'm sorry to tell you this, miss... um..."

Me: "Chapa."

Doctor: "Chapa... I don't know how to say this... but your friend... has Mesothelioma."

As soon as he said that, I was confused.

Me: "Meso- what?"

Doctor: "It's a... it's a certain cancer that's caused by exposure to asbestos. It seems that your friend has somehow inhaled a great deal of it."

At the word "asbestos," I immediately knew how it happened. It was from being in the Man's Nest diamond mine and trying to find a heart-shaped diamond for Ray's girlfriend, which he could've done himself.

I must've spaced out for a minute, because I heard this...

Doctor: "Chapa... hello?"

I quickly brought myself back to reality.

Me: "Sorry, what... what were you saying?"

Doctor: "I asked if you might know how this happened."

I knew I couldn't tell him the real reason. So, I had to lie...

Me: "I'm sorry... but I don't know."

Doctor: "Well, no matter. We need to keep him here for a bit longer while we run further testing. You can see him in about an hour."

I felt myself crumble on the inside.

Me: "Okay... please, take good care of him."

Doctor: "We will."

The doctor leaves. When I was by myself, my anger towards Ray started to build up inside. If it wasn't for his ignorant ass, if he had just tried to find the heart-shaped diamond himself instead of treating us like slaves, this wouldn't be happening.

I walk out of the hospital and head towards the Man's Nest. On my walk there, I started feeling a tear running down my face. I couldn't help but worry that Bose might die. I couldn't deal with the thought, but it would not leave my mind.

A few minutes later, I reach the Man's Nest doors and I walk in. Everyone else was sitting on the couch. They all looked up and saw me, and the questions about if Bose was okay immediately started.

Once they all stopped, I took a bit to gather my thoughts.

Me: "Bose... has Mesothelioma."

They all gasped.

Mika: "My god, that's terrible!"

Miles: "How did it happen?!"

Me: "Well... the cause was apparently from inhaling too much asbestos, and all because a certain someone wouldn't get up off his lazy ass and mine for a heart-shaped diamond himself!"

The whole time I said that, I was looking at Ray. He looks offended.

Ray: "Hold on, hold on, why are you making it sound like this is my fault?"

My anger was at its max right now. I seriously couldn't believe Ray was that fucking stupid. At this point, both my hands and eyes start sparking with red electricity. I couldn't hold it in anymore, and the next thing I knew, I started zapping the fuck out of Ray. He starts screaming.

Chapa: "BECAUSE IT IS YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT! YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN YOURSELF! YOU'VE NEVER CARED ABOUT US EVER SINCE WE BECAME DANGER FORCE! THIS NEVER WOULD'VE HAPPENED IF YOU HAD JUST DONE THE WORK YOURSELF INSTEAD OF LYING TO US AND CREDENZA! YOU ARE SUCH A WORTHLESS, SELF-CENTERED, PIECE OF INHUMAN SHIT! BOSE MIGHT DIE BECAUSE OF YOU!!"

Miles and Mika try to stop me, but I start zapping the both of them with my free hand. I was showing no sign of stopping any of this anytime soon. I had so much anger that I needed to get out. At the same time I was zapping everyone, I started crying again.

(To be continued in Part 2)