Ray's Fault (Part 3)

(Warning: swearing)

Chapa's POV:

Before going to the hospital, we stopped at our local store to find everything we had planned on getting for Bose: flowers, balloons, Get Well cards, and even teddy bears. He loves them so much, so it was a little hard to pick which one he loved the most.

When we entered, I came up with a plan.

Me: "Alright, let's each split up. I'll find the teddy bears, Miles will find the balloons, Mika will find the flowers, and Ray will find the Get Well cards."

Miles/Mika/Ray: "Got it."

Me: "Alright, let's do it. When we're done, let's meet back in this same spot. Ready, and... break."

At that, we each went off in different directions. The Get Well cards were right behind Ray, so he had it pretty easy, even though I was still pretty pissed at him. We had to get this done, though.

It took about a minute or two, but I finally found the teddy bears. There was a great selection, and I started to look around. Some really stuck out, so I decided to get more than one. I knew that I made the right choices, so I started to head back to the rendezvous point.

But then, I forgot that we were gonna turn it into a gift basket.

(Because I forgot that I was going there)

So I went to an aisle where there were baskets, and I picked out one that was the right size. Then, I continued my walk back.

Ray was already there because again, he was not far from the cards. When I met him there, he had already picked out a card. I asked to look at it, and he let me. I took my time and looked through. I will admit, it did look really good. It was perfect. I even smiled at it.

Me: "This is perfect, he's gonna love this!"

Ray: "I really hope so. I feel terrible for letting this happen, and I'll admit, I shouldn't have been lazy and should've just done the work to find a heart-shaped diamond. I was just so caught up in Credenza's love that I didn't wanna be away from her for even a second... I really hope this card makes up for what I've done, and an apology."

Me: "Yeah, either that or you should've had at least a couple of gas masks for us, but I agree."

Right then, Miles and Mika come back with Get Well Soon balloons and some flowers.

Me: "Alrighty, we're all set to checkout."

Miles: "Wait... I forgot my wallet."

Mika/Ray: "Samesies."

Me: "Well... good thing I thought ahead."

I reached inside my jacket, and I pulled out a little wallet that I always carry with me. I had a lot of cash inside from helping my neighbors with stuff, and from doing stuff inside my own house.

Everyone was happy that I had some money on me. We all headed checkout place. I even decided to get Bose some candy, for sometime after he was out of the hospital, of course. Once we wrapped up, we headed out the doors. The hospital wasn't too far of a walk from here, which was good.

Before that, we decided to head back to the Man's Nest to put everything together. When we got there, we got everything situated. We put the teddy bears, the flowers, and the candy into the basket, and we each signed the card we bought.

When that was done, we took the basket and the balloons to the hospital with us. On the way there, I was really hoping Bose was recovering well. He didn't deserve to have this happen to him.

When we reached the hospital, we went inside. We got to the front desk, where there was woman behind it.

Me: "Hi there, we're here to see Bose O'brien."

Lady: "Ah, yes, O'brien. He's down the hall, first room on the left."

The lady noticed the stuff we had and she smiled.

Lady: "Aww, that's nice of you all to bring that stuff for him."

Me: "Yeah... it's the least we could do."

After that conversation wrapped, we headed to the room Bose was in. When we walked in, we saw that he was awake and looking out the window. We made sure not to scare him as we walked in. He turned around and saw us, and he immediately smiled.

Bose: "Hey, everyone."

We all smiled at how well he was doing.

Me: "Hey... how are you feeling?"

Bose: "I'm doing well. The doctor said that I'll be able to leave tomorrow, so that's good."

Miles: "That's so good to hear."

Mika: "Yeah, and look, we brought you some stuff."

Bose looks at our gifts for him, and he's impressed.

Bose: "You actually bought all that for me?"

Ray: "Of course... it's the least we could do."

We set all the stuff to the side, then we each grabbed a chair so we could sit near Bose.

Bose: "So, what's new since I've been gone? Anything?"

Miles: "Uh... not really."

Me: "Except for the fact that we were all worried about you."

Bose: "Aww, that's sweet of you. I was worried, too. I didn't think this would happen to me."

I look over at Ray, and by the look on my face, he knew what he had to do. He takes a deep breath.

Ray: "Hey, Bose?"

Bose: "Yeah, Ray?"

Ray: "I just want to say... I'm really sorry for causing all this."

Bose: "What do you mean?"

Ray: "Basically... I should've done the work in finding a heart-shaped diamond for Credenza instead of making you do it. If I had just done the work, this wouldn't be happening. I should've at least had a couple gas masks around, too, but... yeah."

There was a moment of silence, then it was broken.

Bose: "Ray...?

Ray: "Yeah?"

Bose: "That... was really nice of you."

Ray felt happy that his apology worked. I was happy that he was able to forgive Ray. I guess I forgive him, too.

Later

We had been at the hospital for a few hours, and it was time to go. I asked the doctor if I could stay the night, and he said I could. I was so glad because I just couldn't leave Bose's side. I didn't bring a spare set of clothes with me, but I didn't care.

It was nighttime, and Bose was almost asleep. I was about to fall asleep, too, so I decided to settle in for the night. I took my boots and jacket off and slowly climbed onto the bed. Bose wraps his arms around me as I slowly snuggle in with him. It didn't take long for us to fall asleep together.

(Part 4 coming soon)