Chapter 17

I looked and sighed, walking over to the door. I knocked gently, facing to see a slightly tall lady open the wooden door.

She looked and smiled softly, tilting her head slightly. "Hello, what brings you here?" She asked, a welcoming look spread across her face.

I looked and chuckled nervously, glancing down at Bloodie. She looked and giggled, moving away from the door. He quickly ran inside, hiding from sight.

"So, uh, are you his parent, or..?" I asked, shoving my hands in my pockets. She smiled and shook her head, taking a glance inside.

"No no, I have a daughter of my own, he's just the son of Hero's friend, but I'm sure that man is long gone now." She stated, looking up at the sky.

"FOR THE LAST TIME CLAIRE, HE'S NOT MY FRIEND AND NEVER WILL BE!" A gruff voice from inside yelled, making her giggle.

"Then why'd you take him in?" She asked, yelling back. "WELL, UM, uh...he was crying so um..." He replied, quite frustrated. 

"You softy." She continued giggling, flashing a wide smile. She looked and smiled, looking inside. "Do you want to come in?" She asked.

I grinned half-heartedly and shook my head, looking down at the grass. "No thank you. I should be going now." I answered, starting to play with the daisy placed on my ear.

A loud hiss was heard from inside, a tall man stomping out off from another room. "There it is again. Something is touching my enchanted stuff and I will-" He stopped halfway, looking over to me as I continued to play with the daisy.

He quickly walked over and held my shoulders, making me look up to his eerie white orbs. "Where'd you get that?" He demanded, glaring at me.

I squeaked, quickly letting go of it. "I-I found it with me inside an abandoned hospital, when I was 6, I think." I stammered, pushing away his hands.

He looked at me with wide-eyes, gripping the side of his shirt. "No, it can't be...I thought you were a goner!" He exclaimed, his eyes furrowed in confusion.

"Wait, what..?" I asked, looking up at him in confusion. He opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it after. "I..." He mumbled, looking down.

"What do you mean by that? Did you know me?" I asked, slightly more louder than before. He clenched his fists, looking over to me.

"Kia, do you remember me?" He asked, looking at me straight in the eye. I looked away and shook my head, only to hear a whimper-like sigh.

I looked over to him, mumbling out words I couldn't hear. I walked off back where I came from, leaving as fast as I could.

Was he...crying?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

VienneWrites here you go you butt

i brought it back sortof

cover is still amafuckingzing