Chapter 30

"Because...because it's still my fault." Ty clenched his fists, gritting on his teeth as well. "Ty, come on, it's not your fault bro. We all make mistakes." Jerome pleaded, grasping on the boy's shoulder.

"Well, if that mistake causes pain and suicide I guess that mistake is a sin on it's own." Ty replied, pushing away his hand and walking out of the room.

Jerome sighed, quickly sitting down on the large couch. "At first you despise her then start blaming yourself for it? The hell is wrong with you?!" He yelled, laying his head back at the soft back rest.

"Come to think of it, I was like that just yesterday." Jerome mumbled, staring at the ceiling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING?!" Jerome bellowed, tightly grasping the clothes of the recruit that had reported. The recruit shook in fear of the angered bacca, unable to speak.

Jerome's fluffy hair gradually puffed, gritting his unusually sharp teeth. He growled quite loudly, scaring the speechless recruit.

The recruit quickly squirmed away and ran off, leaving the raging Jerome inside the empty room. Jerome calmed down, slipping down on the wall.

He huddled to his knees and rested his face on his arms, his eyes blank and empty. Tears streamed down his cheeks, soaking the sleeve of his tux.

"I promised you wouldn't pass alone...I'm sorry..." He muttered, crying harder. He sobbed loudly on his arms, his sight clouded by his flow of tears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

"If only I could just turn back time."

Adam whispered inside his dark cell, beaten and chained to the wall. "Where did I go wrong? Why did I go wrong?" He continued to grumble on, staring at the flickering light outside his cage that tried to stay alive.

"We're the same, light. Just you and me, struggling to keep conscious, even though we know we can't." He grinned, continuing to stare coldly stare at the object.

"What am I even trying to achieve by trying to escape? I don't even have memories of anything, I'm useless." He looked at his bounded wrists, trying to make them move.

"I can't feel the pain anymore, I'm numb. Not to mention the worst thing, I got immunized to the torture. It's been happening ever since I got here, but my body gave up and didn't bother to feel it anymore. The only thing it felt was..."

The light flickered for the last time, Adam slowly closing his eyes. "The runny feel of my blood..."

His purple amulet glowed softly in the dark, hanging around Adam's neck as he slept unconscious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

"Why did I ask? Why did I ask?!" Seto exclaimed down in the basement, repeating the same question for a while now.

He paced around the same room, tugging on his hood that hung lightly over his head. He walked over to the shelf over to his left, reaching for a book that was on a shelf higher than him.

"Fuck being 17, I wanna be taller dammit." He cursed under his breath, sighing and slamming his palm to the side of the shelf. A rather large bottle fell on his head once again, bouncing back to the floor.

Seto yelped and put down his head, gently rubbing his head. "How many times does that have to happen?!" He yelled, taking off the silver crown that was placed on his head.

He set it down and the table and took the bottle, carefully placing it somewhere lower. He stopped for a moment and stared at a dusty scroll that sat next to a book, taking it and the book as well.

He dusted off the cover of the book and looked, giving a large smile. "It's the guide book I was looking for!" He exclaimed, flipping it open. He set it down and opened the scroll, seeing the scroll that Kia read for him not too long ago.

He quickly opened the book, looking for the page of the alphabet. He found the page and carefully translated the scroll one by one, carefully memorizing the previous words.

"The land, sea, and air have one thing in common. Their leaders. They are boastful people, but still caring caring to their army." He read, grinning at what he read. But it quickly faded when he saw a continuation of words that wasn't translated. "She didn't read this..."

"Every leader must have these values. Selflessness, generosity, kindness, and most of all, sacrificial. They must never lie, but if needed, they shall in a from of sacrifice.
They must lead their followers like a true leader should, but still be able to feel the followers with their heart and soul.
They shall lead their army with pride and joy, showing appreciation for the hard work they have done. 
But a leader mustn't give up, even in a tight situation, whether being alone, or with others.
A true leader is one that cares for all."

Seto finished, staring at the last sentence. "It sounds just like Adam, it also sounds like..." He drifted off, quickly rolling it back and placing it on the lower shelf where it was found.

"Nah, definitely not. It was too big of a lie to even be considered a sacrifice." He grumbled, putting back his crown and throwing his hood back on.

He looked at the book for a second, hesitantly picking it up. He skimmed through, eventually stopping at a dried petal of a rose that was stuck in place.

He took it off, seeing a circled word in Galactic, with the description underlined.

"Everlasting: lasting forever; continuing for a long time or indefinitely; having or being flowers or foliage that retain form or color for a long time when dried" It read.

He looked at the scribbled words next to the description, written in a red tint. "This is the last rose petal ever since the update. I preserved it for good memories of that period, take care of it. -Kia"

Seto frowned slightly at the note, putting back the rose in place. He sighed and closed the book shut. He looked at the book and stared at it for a second, proceeding to keep it inside his inventory.

"Fine, if that's what you'd like."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

i like writing chapters to a thousand words haha

come back to this chapter and take a look at shia if you've lost motivation lmao