Chapter 24

My glare softened, looking at him with concerned eyes. "You...you do remember." I hissed and looked down, bringing back my glare. "Fine."

I walked inside, sitting back down at the table. I picked up the book and flipped it open, scanning the page. He quietly entered, looking around.

I glanced at him, giving a small scowl. "Close the damn door." I hissed, continuing to read the page. He quickly shut it with a thud, quickly sitting down.

"So, how'd you get lost?" I asked, flipping a page of the book. He stayed silent for a moment, looking down at the wooden floor.

I shut the book and looked at him with a cold glare, asking once again. He flinched and twiddled his thumbs, mumbling out words.

"What was that?" I questioned, putting down the book. He whimpered and stopped, looking up at me slightly. "I...I finally ran after I found out he killed my father..."

I looked at him confused, a bit concerned. "Who killed your father?" I questioned quietly, yet still loud enough to be heard.

"...Herobrine..." He whispered, making me cringe at the name. 

A name I haven't uttered or heard in years.

"Sickening." I growled, gripping my shirt. He looked up at me, his eyes drooping and shiny. "What did my father do..?" He muttered, shutting his eyes and letting the tears flow.

I looked down in hidden shame, gently stroking where my injury was. "I'm sorry." I breathed out, making him look up in confusion.

"W-What..?" He said, sniffing and wiping away the tears.  "I said nothing. You want something to eat?" I asked, trying to avoid the topic as much as possible.

He stayed quiet for a moment, giving a small nod. I stood and went to another room, taking look back at the room. "I'm so sorry." I whispered, looking back at my arm.

And a few years later, he sorta, uh grew on me. He-"

"OH WELL THEN OHOHO" Seto yelled, interrupting me with a smug grin. "Let me finish asshat." I glared, making him give a small chuckle.

"Let's just forget that sentence was never uttered. Anyway, after a few years, I was invited to go to another city, for an announcement by the leader of a large army.

It's only been a year since the army launched off to find their so called "recruits", and they've already had a thousand huddled up in over 6 months.

The leader's name was Adam Dahlberg, a bubbly and honest man. He was kind to anyone he passed, probably why he had all those people come up just for him in half a year.

He invited all of the people in the city he lived in and most people from farther out, including me. I hated it. "What's wrong with that?" You ask?

Well, what if I told you he invited people to gather new recruits and interview them. In public.

Horrifying, isn't it? "OH NOTCH, WHAT IF I FUCK UP MY INTERVIEW?!" Was the sentence that flooded everyone who came early to it. I was one of them.

Though I could care less about it, the fact I had to do it in front of millions of people was terrifying.

When it was my turn, I was confused. The questions were rather, um...odd.

"What's your name and why'd you come here?"

"Do you love or despise squids?"

"Gold or butter?"

"Party m8?"

But, the strangest one was-

"-Do you know whose is this?" He asked puffing out his chest. I looked at him as if he was insane, opening my mouth out to complain, but quickly shutting it quickly.

"Wha- No, not me! Behind me!" He stated, pointing at a boy behind him that held a light blue jacket, a pretty small jacket actually.

"That's...that's my jacket from 5 years ago." I answered, the whole crowd getting silent. Everyone stopped, the atmosphere as quiet as the wind.

A sudden fit of chuckles sounded, the whole crowd filling with laughter. The boy who held the jacket quickly walked over to me, stroking his brown hair off his face.

He glared and whispered. "Look lady, we're not joking here. We've been looking for the owner for this thing for years but could find her. Do you think we would real-"

"Aren't you that kid who went home without an umbrella because your friend was an idiot?" I interrupted, getting a wide-eyed look.

"OKAY ADAM CALL IT OFF WE FOUND A NEW RECRUIT GET 'EM OUTTA MY FACE." He yelled, throwing the jacket to me.

Adam looked at him confused, pointing out at the crowd. "But they-"

"WE DON'T NEED THEM." He yelled, receiving an annoyed glare from Adam. "Y u gotta be so r00d?"

Adam cancelled the meeting, the two dragging me off to who knows where.

"Don't tell me I'm gonna deal with more shit."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

oh look a long terribly motivated chapter

good thing Shia was there

"JUST DO IT!"

           - Shia LaBeouf